1. What is the date, time and location of your tax lien sale?
Date: February 27, 2018.
Time: Sign In at 8:00 a.m., Auction at 9:00 a.m.
Location: Yuma County Board of Supervisor's Auditorium. 198 S. Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
2. How often do you hold tax lien sales?
Once a year.
3. Does your county hold a tax deeded property sale?
4. When and where will the tax lien sale list be advertised?
When: February 6, 2018.
Where: The Sun 2055 S. Arizona Ave. Yuma, AZ 85364 (928) 783-3333 MUST HAVE ADVERTISEMENT DATE BEFORE CALLING FOR A LIST
Or visit our list at : Delinquent Tax Listing
5. How and when do I register for the tax sale?
You may also obtain a "Bidder Form" and W9 at the counter the day of the sale.
6. What are the payment requirements at the sale? Is there a deposit required before the sale?
Cashier's check, money order, cash or direct wire are the methods of payments we accept. We do not require any deposit.
7. What is the bidding process?
The bidding is on the interest percentage rate that you would earn on your initial investment starting at 16% per year and bidding down from that rate.
8. What type of document is issued at the sale?
After the tax lien sale is over you will receive a Bid Report with a list of parcel numbers you purchased and amounts due.
9. Are there any other expenses in addition to the cost of the lien?
We charge a $10.00 Non-refundable processing fee, which is included in the cost of the lien but does not earn interest.
10. What is the foreclosure process and will the county handle the foreclosure process for a fee?
Our office is not involved in the Foreclosure process.
11. What happens to the liens that are not sold at the tax lien auction? Can they be purchased over-the-counter directly from the county? Can I purchase them now?
They can be purchased at any time over the counter except for February, October, Nov 1-8 and April 23-May 8.
12. Do you allow investors to invest in tax lien certificates without attending the auction via mail or telephone or fax? Can I send a representative to the sale to bid for me?
You must be present at the auction in order to purchase from the auction. A representative can bid for you at the auction but, must have a completed W-9 Form. We do sell tax liens by mail, telephone or fax during the year as listed above in question 11.
13. Would you please send me a current list of tax lien certificates available and place me on your mailing list if you have one. If there is a charge for the list please notify me and I will be happy to send the proper fee.
A hard copy of the list is $150. It must be paid for in advance by cashier's check or money order before we will mail it out. The list includes a parcel number, the owner's name and the approximate amount of tax due on the property and the site's address if applicable. You may get the list for FREE on our web site at: Delinquent Tax Listing
14. Would you please forward me a copy of the statutes regarding tax sales in your jurisdiction?
If you need further information, the Arizona Revised Statutes can be found at www.azleg.state.az.us . The link to the statutes is in the upper right hand corner of the homepage.
15. Do Tax Liens expire?
Tax liens do expire after ten years pursuant to A.R.S. 42-18208.
|The accuracy of the information contained here is not guaranteed for legal purposes. Alterations may occur on a regular basis. To get the most recent information available please contact the County Treasurer's Office.|