Cyber Security Awareness
No individual, business or government entity is solely responsible for securing the internet. Everyone has a role in securing their part of cyberspace, including the devices and networks they use. Individual actions have a collective impact and when we use the internet safely, we make it more secure for everyone. If each of us does our part – implementing stronger security practices, raising community awareness, educating young people or training employees – together we will be a digital society safer and more resistant from attacks and more resilient if an attack occurs.
Cyber security awareness resources are being made available to help raise awareness of technology related security issues for both the employees and citizens of Yuma County. The resources below provide information about current threats and the steps that can be taken to secure your computer and other electronic resources. Protecting ourselves and knowing how to stay safe in the digital world is our shared responsibility.
Remember to Be Aware! and Connect with Care.
- Security Awareness Newsletter:
- OUCH! The Monthly Security Awareness Newsletter for Everyone:
- General Safety:
- The Internet's Most Wanted series by Microsoft:
- TED Talks
- Arizona Attorney General's Office
- Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security - BE CYBER SMART
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security - Cyber Alerts
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission Scam Alerts
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- Stop | Think | Connect
- The National Cyber Security Alliance