Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
To provide geospatial information and applications efficiently and effectively to internal and external government agencies, as well as, the public in order to enhance county operations, improve decision making, and provide better public service.
- Assist with the production of Minor and Major Amendment Case Maps to the Comprehensive Plan for the Planning Commission meetings.
- Create special maps for DDS Divisions as well as various other county agencies.
- Integration of various databases with Yuma County's GIS.
- Maintain the Assessor's Office mapping system including minor map updates, right-of-ways, and splitting and combining parcels based on recorded documents.
- Responsible for 2020 Comprehensive Plan map revisions
- Maintain the County's Master Zoning Maps and Land Use Maps for the Planning & Zoning Division.
- Maintain Yuma County's Enterprise GIS system.
- Examine and process land annexations.
- Conduct spatial analysis, including a variety of geoprocessing tasks, overlays, location-based queries, and proximity analysis.
- Provide technical assistance to the Planning Division with the production of Zoning Case Maps for the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meetings.
- Provide training and technical support to Yuma County personnel for the use of the Assessor’s system and ArcGIS.
- Publishing and maintaining the interactive GIS mapping applications on the web.
- Create internet and intranet web mapping applications tailored specifically for projects and/or department needs.
- Digitize polygons for mobile home spaces and subdivisions for the MHP/RVP layer.
- Spatial and aspatial audits of the Assessor’s tax parcels. Reconciliation with GIS data to find errors.
- Create new GIS-based atlases for the Planning and Zoning Division and Assessor’s Office.
- Subscriptions for yearly entitlement to Yuma County standard GIS data files.