Health District Starting Flu Vaccination on...
The 2019-2020 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine will be available at the Health District, 2200 W. 28th Street, Yuma starting , September 16th . Seasonal flu vaccinations are available for all individuals 6 months of age and older. The cost is $25.00 for adults and $10.00 for individuals 18 years and younger. Medicare Part B, AHCCCS and Private Insurance are accepted upon presentation of card.
Seasonal flu vaccine is available from many sources throughout Yuma County. Please visit www.flu.gov , for the flu vaccination locator powered by Google, to find a provider that can meet your individual needs. Additional information can also be found at: www.yumacountyaz.gov/flu
For additional information, please contact the Immunization Department: (928) 317-4559.
Here are some quick links with data for common questions related to flu season:
2018-2019 Flu Information from CDC including recommendations, prevention and treatment:
Locate a flu vaccine: http://flushot.healthmap.org/
Flu activity in Arizona can be monitored at:
- Stay informed. This website is updated regularly when there are changes to the recommended actions.
- Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people, so take these recommended steps to prevent transmission:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick. CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Follow public health advice regarding avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Call 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) for more information.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for additional information and resources.
Additional information and updates for the public, health care providers, businesses, schools, child care facilities, and more can be found at these websites:
Yuma County Public Health Services District
2200 West 28th Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
Phone: (928) 317-4559
Fax: (928) 317-4591