WIC Eligibility

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Who can ask for WIC?
Moms, dads, aunts, uncles, foster parents, and even grandparents who care for children under five years of age can get services from WIC. Simply call (928) 317-4500 and a staff member will talk to you about how you can qualify.

All participants must:

  • Live in Yuma County
  • Qualify with a nutritional risk (determined at your first visit)
  • Meet generous income qualifications

WIC Eligibility is based solely on your gross income. This chart can help determine your eligibility. You can download the 2019 Income Eligibility Guidelines Chart in English or Spanish.

Note: All WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines are based on GROSS Income, meaning before taxes or other deductions.

For more information regarding eligibility into the WIC program, contact your local WIC clinic or call 1-800-2525-WIC.

*A pregnant woman is considered a family of 2

How do I apply? 
Call (928) 317-4500 for an appointment anywhere in Yuma County. Applying for WIC is easy. When you call, WIC staff will explain what you need to bring to your appointment. If you cannot make your appointment, call your local WIC office and they will provide you with other options so that you can make your appointment. You can download an application in English or Spanish and fill out the information and bring to your appointment.


Local WIC Clinics
Yuma WIC
2200 West 28th ST
Yuma, AZ 85364
(928) 317-4500
Monday through Friday
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 
San Luis WIC
1358 Liberty ST
(inside County Court Complex)
San Luis, AZ 85349
(928) 317-4500
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Somerton WIC
350-B Main ST
Somerton, AZ 85350
(928) 317-4500
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
 Wellton WIC
10452 Williams ST
Wellton, AZ 85356 
(928) 317-4500
Call for Appointment
 O.C. Johnson  
 1201 W 12th ST
 Yuma, AZ 85354
(928) 317-4500
Call for Appointment

What type of documents or information will I need to bring with me to my appointment?

  • Everyone who will be enrolling into the WIC program
  • Your driver’s license or other picture ID
  • Proof of address, like an electric bill
  • Proof of income, like a pay stub or letter from AHCCCS or Food Stamps that qualifies you for their program


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Declaración de No Discriminación USDA

De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por:

(1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o

(3) correo electrónico:

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.

Contact Information
Yuma County Public Health Services District
Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Division
Nutrition Manager, Kathy Lohrenz, (928) 317-4500



Online Help Center

  • Online Chat
  • Submit a Service Request
  • County Directory