Beginning Monday, March 23rd, the Tuberculosis Department will be seeing patients by appointment only.
Please call 928-317-4585 to schedule an appointment.
Nursing: Tuberculosis Control
Tuberculosis (TB) Control is mandated by Arizona Statute. The Yuma County Tuberculosis program is funded with Federal, State and County dollars.
The purpose of TB control is to:
- Identify and treat individuals with active disease.
- Identify and locate contacts to active cases, test and treat (prevent spread of disease)
- Treat and monitor latent TB infection.
- Provide TB education to the public.
- Yuma County Public Health Services District TB Control operates a clinic five days a week staffed by Public Health Nurses and two Physicians with expertise in management of TB disease and TB infection.
To prevent, diagnose, and treat Tuberculosis to all Yuma County residents.
- All cases and suspects are treated free of charge.
- Latent TB infection is treated free of charge.
- There is a $15 charge for TB skin tests (PPD's).
- There is no charge to skin test TB contacts or TB suspects.
Prolonged cough (duration of three weeks or more), chest pain, coughing up blood, fever, chills, night sweats, weight loss and very tired. Please contact your health care provider or TB control if you have these symptoms.
Tuberculosis skin testing is currently limited to clients who are considered to be at high risk of developing the disease; The skin test will no longer be provided for work or school clearance. Please contact Tuberculosis Control to see if you meet the high risk criteria.
2200 W. 28th St. Room 260 Yuma, AZ 85364 Contact Phone Number 928-317-4585