The Yuma County Juvenile Detention Facility is a short term secured facility, used to house detained juveniles from; Yuma County, La Paz County, Cocopah, Border Patrol, and other contractual holds.
The County Juvenile Detention Center operates within the following framework to accomplish its original mission:
- We believe safety is the primary concern for ourselves and the community.
- We believe in providing the juveniles basic needs to include: nutritional, physical, emotional, educational, medical, religious, and social needs. We believe all individuals should be treated with dignity and respect.
- We believe in assuring that the juvenile's legal rights are protected.
- We believe in providing a safe and humane living environment which, whenever possible and appropriate, shall be in close proximity to the youth's community and family while maintaining an adequate level of security and supervision for the juvenile in detention.
- We believe that encouraging cooperation is preferable to enforcing compliance.
- We believe in providing sufficient number of qualified staff and promote staff professionalism through education and training.
- We believe in creating and maintaining a supportive climate, conducive to individual growth, creativity, and fulfillment.