Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Yuma County UPDATES
Yuma County Public Health District Update
Yuma County Health Officials confirm 1 new cases of COVID-19 bringing the total to 15 (fifteen). Patients remain in isolation and health officials are conducting contact investigations.
- Arizona currently has 1,769 confirmed cases of COVID-19, resulting in 41 deaths
- Yuma County currently has 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, resulting in 0 deaths
- Currently 237 Yuma County residents have been tested
Data is provisional and subject to change:
One case previously reported was misidentified by individual reporting it and was transferred back to the proper state. With this 1 reduction and 1 new case, the total is back to 15 cases.
Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) recent updates can be found on the COVID-19 Reporting Dashboard.
• You can access the COVID-19 Reporting Dashboard
• Puede acceder al reporte del COVID-19 en español
Governor Ducey And State Child Care Leaders Announce Launch Of Childcare For COVID-19 Frontline Workers:
Governor Ducey recently announced that many agencies across Arizona are joining together to help care for the children of frontline workers who continue to battle on the front lines.
Some of the agencies leading the charge are the Arizona Departments of Education, Health Services Administration, Economic Security, First Things First, and the Government Transformation Office.
FIND A CHILDCARE PROVIDER NEAR YOU; Visit the Child Care Resource and Referral’s Arizona Child Care Provider Search: https://azchildcareprovidersearch.azdes.gov/#
Governor’s Office Provides Additional Guidance on Essential Services
PHOENIX — The Governor’s Office today released additional guidance on essential services and recreational activities.
“During these unprecedented times, providing clarity for small businesses and employers is an important measure to ensure we protect our citizens, slow the spread of COVID-19, and protect this critical part of our economy,” said Governor Doug Ducey. “As guidance from public health officials evolves, we will continue to release information and direction.”
On March 23, 2020, Governor Ducey issued an Executive Order defining essential services. On March 30, 2020, following new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and recommendations from the Arizona Department of Public Health, Governor Ducey issued an Executive Order directing Arizonans to Stay Home, Stay Healthy, and Stay Connected, which included increased physical distancing requirements.
If not already closed, the following services shall cease operations no later than 5 p.m. on April 4, 2020, as these services cannot comply with the guidelines required in paragraph 11 of Executive Order 2020-18, directing Arizonans to Stay Home, Stay Healthy, and Stay Connected.
- Cosmetology, Hairstyling, Nail Salons and Aesthetic Salons
- Tanning salons
- Tattoo parlors
- Massage parlors
In addition, the following services shall cease operations by 5 p.m. Saturday, April 4:
- Amenities at public parks that do not allow for recommended physical distancing or proper hygiene such as basketball courts, splash pads, playgrounds and public restrooms but public parks shall remain open to the greatest extent possible.
- Communal pools such as those at hotels, condominiums, apartment complexes and parks, however, these should still be maintained under environmental and public health rules and guidelines.
- Swap meets
The Governor’s Office also provided guidance related to the following services, which are considered essential and may continue operations:
- Personal hygiene services including in-home services such as assistance with bathing and cleaning for vulnerable adults and those who are disabled.
- Daycare centers providing care for individuals with children serving in any essential services category.
- Hotels and motels, to the extent used for lodging, including RV Parks, and hotel and motel restaurants providing delivery or carryout food services.
- Respite and palliative care.
State and Federal Resources and Websites
- Arizona Together: Governor Ducey’s One-stop shop for resources, information, links for community members for COVID-19 information, support, volunteer information, and more. The website it provided in both English and Spanish and can be found by clicking on the following links:
- FEMA’s Coronavirus Rumor Control: Designed to help the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the response to coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Rumors can easily circulate within communities during a crisis. Do your part to the stop the spread of disinformation by visiting the link below.
- FBI COVID-19 resource: At any point in time people can be targeted by hackers and scammers, and unfortunately during a pandemic is no exception. As the United States continues its fight against this pandemic, the FBI continuously works to identify threats that you should be aware of so you can take steps to protect yourself. Use the resources on the link below keep yourself and your family safe from these threats.
- Arizona Commerce: If your employment status has been effected by COVID-19 visit the link below to get questions answered about unemployment benefits, unemployment insurance, job opportunities and much more.
- Apple & CDC COVID-19 Screening Tool: This tool can help you understand what to do next about COVID-19.
Question of the Day: Will warm weather stop the outbreak of COVID-19?
(SOURCE: CDC FAQ’s on COVID-19)
- It is not yet known whether weather and temperature affect the spread of COVID-19.
- Other viruses, like the common cold and flu, spread more during cold weather months but that does not mean it is impossible to become sick with these viruses during other months.
- There is much more to learn about the transmissibility, severity, and other features associated with COVID-19 and investigations are ongoing.
The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) community transmission level of COVID-19 in Arizona remains at “widespread”. This means that the virus is present and circulating in communities across the state including Yuma County. We encourage all residents to take the necessary precautions including physical distancing and staying home if you are sick. Remember to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid people who are sick, and avoid groups of 10 people or more.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces like light switches, door knobs, electronic devices, etc.
- Stay home if you are sick so you do not expose others
- Practice physical distancing, staying 6 feet away from others
JOINT INFORMATION CENTER (JIC) UPDATE
Questions from the public can be emailed to: COVID@yumacountyaz.gov
These questions will be collected, categorized and answered through the DAILY UPDATE and a future DAILY LIVE program on YUMA 77 & Yuma County Government FACEBOOK LIVE
Marine Corps Air Station Yuma
Effective April 6, 2020 and until further notice the Trusted Traveler Program is cancelled. This is an additional safety measure that #MCASYuma is taking in order to help stop the spread of #COVID19.
What this means is that essential personnel that do not have common access card (CAC) and Department of Defense (DOD) identification cards are not authorized to come aboard the base without going to the Pass and Registration office and obtaining a base access pass. Essential personnel may obtain base access by providing the appropriate paperwork to the Pass and Registration Office during working hours.
ALL VISITORS will be required to provide justification for needing access to the installation and will not be granted access to the base simply because they know someone that has a CAC or DOD identification card who will be sponsoring/escorting them aboard the base.
As of April 6, 2020, sponsoring a visitor aboard MCAS Yuma that does not have a CAC or DOD identification card is strictly prohibited unless approved at the Pass and Registration Office
YUMA PROVING GROUND
Although certain access restrictions directed by the Department of the Army are in place, Yuma Proving Ground's essential test mission in support of Army modernization priorities continues. Access to Yuma Proving Ground is currently restricted to the following:
* YPG residents, including Travel Camp residents
* YPG employees
* Civilian contractors who work at YPG
* Other personnel who come to YPG for an authorized purpose (including personnel on official orders to YPG, DoD retirees/ID card holders, and delivery drivers)
YUMA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Airports, Rental Cars and Airlines are considered essential businesses. There are no travel restrictions to or from any nonstop destination served by American Airlines at Yuma International Airport. American Airlines may adjust their flight schedules and will contact ticketed passengers if a change is required.
Everyone’s health and safety is important to the Yuma International Airport team. Therefore we have placed hot buttons in the upper left corner on Yuma International Airport website, with COVID information specific to air travel and COVID updates from Yuma County.
Brewers is open from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm for pick up, curbside pick-up and deliveries from their airport location east to 9E.
Hertz, Avis and Budget rental car agencies at the airport are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. Enterprise is operating from their 4th Avenue location.
The following flight schedule is tentative and subject to change:
April 8-May 1:
3 Daily flights
Saturday, May 2:
Sunday-Monday May 3-4
Wednesday, May 6:
Thursday, May 7:
Friday, May 8:
Saturday, May 9:
May 10- May 31:
Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE - Completed a transition week and remote working is now a priority for all employees except essential staff. All classes are entirely online through the end of the Spring semester.
PUBLIC is urged to follow on FACEBOOK & TWITTER as well as sign up for Yuma County eNOTIFICATIONS
DON’T FORGET!!!! THE JOINT INFORMATION CENTER REMINDS EVERYONE THAT while you’re at home REMEMBER it is easy to respond to the CENSUS ONLINE!!!!