Yuma County Parks and Recreations Advisory Commission Meeting Agenda
- Date: -
- Location: Yuma County Department of Public Works
4343 S. Avenue 5 1/2
Yuma, Arizona 85364
Yuma County Department of Public Works
HIGHWAYS * SOLID WASTE * FLEET MANAGEMENT * IMPROVEMENT DISTRICTS
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
And amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
Will be held on
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2019 at 05:30 P.M.
YUMA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
4343 SOUTH AVENUE 5 ½ E
YUMA, ARIZONA 85365
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATIONS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, Commission members may discuss the presentation(s). No legal actions will be taken.
- Review of purpose for the Yuma County Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission with Joshua Scott, Public Works Director from Public Works.
- Foothills Park Group presentation of Foothills Park vision, within the Foothills area.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Commission will open each of the following items separately for discussion and possible action, as appropriate.
- Approval of meeting minutes for February 13, 2019 meeting.
- Elect new Chairperson for the Yuma County Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission. (Current Chairperson resigned from the board effective 03/13/19)
- Elect new Vice- Chairperson for the Yuma Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission. (If current vice-chair is voted as Chairperson)
- Optimist Club’s request for proposed implementation of playground equipment in Optimist Park, within Mesa Del Sol. Discussion and Commissions possible recommendation to the Board of Supervisors would be subject to compliance with ADA standards, legal counsel review, permitting, and building inspectors review and inspection.
- Discussion of Parks Visits by Individual Commissioners. This is to discuss the condition of each park and areas of improvement needed.
ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS:
- Commission members may direct staff to place matters on future agendas.
Copies of the agenda background material provided to Commission members is available for public inspection at Yuma County Department of Public Works, 4343 South Ave 5 ½ E, Yuma, Arizona
The Committee may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
Note: For further information about this public hearing/meeting, please contact Bobby Lambert, phone number (928) 817-2500; or e-mail email@example.com. Persons with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations by contacting Shannon Gunderman, ADA Coordinator at 928.373.1137. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.