Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
June 04, 2018, Regular Session
- Date: 06/04/2018 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
JUNE 4, 2018 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel.
2. Update by Jeff Spohn, SW Division Manager for Arizona Public Service, regarding efforts to maintain reliability in the upcoming storm season.
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated June 4, 2018, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.)
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,038,063.19 and Payroll in the amount of 1,559,099.81 during the period of April 20, 2018 through May 09, 2018. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.)
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the following minutes: a) May 9, 2018 Special Budget Session; b) May 21, 2018 Executive Session; c) May 21, 2018 Regular Session.
4. County Administration: Approve the appointment of the Yuma County Administrator to represent Yuma County on the Greater Yuma Port Authority (GYPA) Board of Directors for a five (5) year term that will end June 4, 2023.
5. County Administration: Action to: a) Authorize and direct staff to publish the amended schedule for the Yuma County Board of Supervisors/County Administration Fee Schedule in accordance with A.R.S. §11-251.08; and b) Set a date and time for a hearing on the matter to accept public comment and take final action to adopt Resolution No. 2018-14, establishing the Fee Schedule.
6. County Administrator/Elections: Action to: a) Authorize the purchase of Elections Tabulation Hardware (CIP #6-1703) from Election Systems & Software for an amount not to exceed $410,000 based on cooperative purchase language contained in Pinal County Elections and Equipment Maintenance RFP PC-131219 awarded April 30, 2014, and b) Authorize the County Administrator to sign the purchase agreement, subject to legal review.
7. County Administrator: Discussion and possible action related to the submittal of a policy resolution at the National Association of Counties Conference on July 13, 2018 regarding reforms to the U.S. Department of Labor H-2A Farm Worker Program.
8. County Administrator/OMB: Adopt Resolution No. 2018-22, rescinding the current Cash Balance Policy and adopting the new Fund Balance Policy.
9. Elections: As requested by the Yuma County Republican Party: a) Approve the appointment of Edward C. Thomas in Precinct 4, Claudia K. Baker in Precinct 14, John Andrew Boelts in Precinct 15, and Nathaniel Sorenson in Precinct 41 as Republican Precinct Committeemen, for terms that will expire on October 1, 2018, and; b) Approve the removal of Westin Lines and Hunter Lines as Precinct Committeemen from Precinct 12.
10. Public Works: As the Board of Directors for El Prado Improvement District No. 97-10: a) Adopt Resolution No. 2018-21, ordering the improvement done as described in Resolution of Intention No. 2017-13, and; b) Authorize the Chairman of the Board of Directors to execute the Resolution Ordering Work, thereby ordering a notice inviting proposals to construct the Work be published as required by law, and also made available to "Plan Services" for the construction on a new single-use sewer force main.
11. Free Library District: Appoint Mark Schauer to the Yuma County Free Library District Board of Trustees to represent Yuma County, effective July 1, 2018, for a three-year term ending June 30, 2021.
12. Free Library District: Confirm the reappointment of Carolyn Renzy to the Yuma County Free Library District Board of Trustees to represent the City of Yuma, for a three-year term beginning July 1, 2018, and ending June 30, 2021.
(Ms. Renzy’s current term ends June 30, 2018.)
13. Adult Probation: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-141, increasing budget authority in State Aid Enhancement Fund (SAE) by $10,680.
14. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Resolution No. 2018-18, approving Juvenile Court participation in the Family Counseling Program effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
15. Superior Court/Juvenile: Adopt Budget Amendment No. 18-137, increasing budget authority in the Juvenile Crime Reduction fund by $7,304.
16. Justice Court Precinct One: Approve: a) An Addendum to the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between the City of San Luis and Yuma County to provide mandated weekend and holiday Court services as defined in Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure 4.1 (d), effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019, and; b) Approve an invoice in the amount of $955.00 for the provision of said services.
17. Justice Court Precinct One: Approve: a) An Addendum to the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between the City of Somerton and Yuma County to provide mandated weekend and holiday Court services as defined in Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure 4.1 (d) July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019, and; b) Approve the invoice in the amount of $573.33 for the provision of said services.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Public Works: Discuss and provide direction on public road and street maintenance, and direction on acceptance of additional roadways.
2. Development Services/Engineering: Discussion and possible action to: a) Rescind the award of the Assessor Parcel No. (APN) 728-03-029 auctioned at the May 7, 2018 Board of Supervisor meeting, and; b) In accordance with A.R.S. §11-251 (9) & (48), conduct an auction at 9:00 a.m., or as schedule permits, of APN 728-03-037, a county-owned excess parcel, and authorize the County Engineer to execute the deed transferring the property to the highest bidder at or above the minimum bid. Or, continue this item and authorize the County Engineer to return this item to the Board when there is sufficient interest to conduct an auction on the balance of the excess parcels.
3. County Administrator: Approval of the letter of support templates related to Yuma County's legislative activities related to the Air Designation Actions in Areas of Pollutant Transport (ADAAPT) Act.
4. County Administration: Discussion and Direction regarding compensation for FY 2018-19.
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
EXPEDITED REZONING and PUBLIC HEARINGS: These items will be opened as a group for public hearings and acted upon by one motion to adopt the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission, except for any item that is removed by a Board member for separate consideration. That item will be discussed and acted upon separately following action on expedited items.
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Special Use Permit Case No. 18-02: Ibrahim Osman of Osman Engineering, PLLC, agent for Majid S. Jajo, requests a Special Use Permit per Section 613.03(A) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance to allow automotive sales on a parcel 34,412 square feet in size zoned Light Industrial (LI), Assessor’s Parcel No. 666-28-059, located at 2852 East Highway 95, Yuma, Arizona; located in the 65 dB noise zone.
2. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Special Use Permit Case No. 18-03: Muthu Kanagasabai requests a Special Use Permit per Section 604.03(E) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance to allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit on a parcel 2.4 gross acres in size zoned Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor's Parcel No. 723-55-005, located at 13561 South Tierra Bonita Boulevard, Yuma, Arizona; within the 65 dB noise zone.
3. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Rezoning Case No. 18-03: Jose Prieto, agent for James Ronnel Adcox, requests the rezoning of a parcel approximately 1.81 gross acres in size from Rural Area-10 acre minimum
(RA-10) to Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor's Parcel No. 748-09-007, located in the vicinity of the southeast corner of County 14¼ Street and Avenue 4E, Yuma, Arizona.
REZONING -- REGULAR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS: Staff will make a full presentation on each of the following items, followed by separate discussion, public hearing, and action by the Board of Supervisors.
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Minor Amendment Case No. 2018-MA-01: Kactus Kush Farms LLC requests to change the land use designation of a 5 acre portion of a parcel 62.63 gross acres in size from Agriculture/Rural Preservation (A-RP) to Agriculture/Industrial (A-I), Assessor’s Parcel No. 140-22-004, located on the southwest corner of the alignment of Avenue 74E and County 17½ Street North, Hyder, Arizona.
2. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Rezoning Case No. 18-01: Kactus Kush Farms LLC requests the rezoning of a 5 acre portion of a parcel 62.63 gross acres in size from Rural Area-40 acre minimum (RA-40) to Light Industrial-5 acre minimum (LI-5), Assessor's Parcel No. 140-22-004, located on the southwest corner of the alignment of Avenue 74E and County 17½ Street North, Hyder, Arizona.
3. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Special Use Permit Case No. 18-01: Kactus Kush Farms LLC requests a Special Use Permit per Section 613.03(H) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance to allow medical marijuana cultivation on a 5.0 acre portion of a parcel 62.63 gross acres in size zoned Light Industrial-5 acre minimum (LI-5), Assessor's Parcel No. 140-22-004, located on the southwest corner of the alignment of Avenue 74E and County 17½ Street North, Hyder, Arizona.
4. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Rezoning Case No. 18-05: Adrian Vega, agent for FC General Contractor LLC., requests the rezoning of a parcel 14,100 square feet in size from Manufactured Home Subdivision-10,000 square feet minimum (MHS-10) to Manufactured Home Subdivision-6,000 square feet minimum (MHS-6), Assessor’s Parcel No. 728-04-057, located at 12754 East 42nd Street, Yuma, Arizona.
5. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Rezoning Case No. 18-04: Vianey Vega, agent for Savera Holdings, LLC, requests the rezoning of a parcel 10.0 gross acres in size from Rural Area-10 acre minimum (RA-10) to Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor's Parcel No. 755-33-006 and -007, located south of County 17th Street and Avenue A, Somerton, Arizona.
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K).
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action onhe following item(s) as appropriate:
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Overview of alternatives to existing and new schedules for development for planning cases. (No official action is required.)
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board