Jury Clerk Email
250 West 2nd Street, Suite B
In Arizona's rural counties, Clerks of the Superior Court serve statutory duty as the Jury Commissioner for their counties. Yuma’s Jury Commissioner manages and provides the Superior Court, Justice Courts and Municipal Courts with a sufficient number of qualified jurors. These jurors serve both civil and criminal trials, as well as serving as Grand Jurors. If summoned for jury service, you will serve as an officer of the court along with the judges and lawyers. Your service as a juror is important and it is your duty to do this honestly and conscientiously. Jury service and the right to a jury trial in a criminal proceeding is a fundamental duty and right of all United States Citizens.
Qualifications of Juror
- 18 years of age
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of the jurisdiction of the court you are summoned to serve
- Never been convicted of a felony, unless your civil rights have been restored
- Not currently found to be incompetent or mentally insane by a court of law
Eligibility Process of Qualified Jurors
- Random selection from Motor Vehicle Dept. and Voter Registration.
- Questionnaire mailed 12-16 weeks prior to service.
- Complete Questionnaire and return within 10 days of receipt.
- Summons To Appear if questionnaire is not returned.
- The Jury Commissioner establishes eligibility.
- Is eligible to receive a jury summons for one year or until service.
Yuma County Area Transit (YCAT) provides fixed bus route service to the Justice Center from all cities and towns in Yuma County. One Way fares are $2 for adults and $1 for students, seniors and disabled persons. Please visit www.ycat.az.gov or call (928)783-2235 for locations and schedules.
Reporting/Selection of Jurors
- Summons mailed to qualified jurors approximately 10 days prior to jury duty.
- May be postponed by Jury Commissioner no more than 2 times.
- Jury Commissioner’s staff confirms attendance.
- If selected, you will sit on the jury until the end of trial.
- If not selected, you will be excused at the end of the day and not eligible to be summoned again for a period of 2 years.
- If selected, you will be paid round trip mileage from your residence to the court you are serving and $12 per day of attendance.
- If not selected, you will be paid round trip mileage from your residence to the court you are serving.
- If selected, and attendance exceeds 6 days, you may be eligible to be paid your actual earnings, up to $300 per day.
Link To Online Juror Questionnaire
- If you receive a Juror questionnaire it can be filled out online using the link provided below: