Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
May 07, 2018, Regular Session
- Date: -
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
MAY 7, 2018 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. NO ACTION
2. Presentation by Arizona Western College (AWC) President Dr. Daniel Corr on College activities and Mission and Vision Statements. NO ACTION
3. Antelope High School FFA Agricultural Issues Team presentation concerning both sides of issues related to agriculture and the transfer of water rights in Arizona. NO ACTION
4. County Administration: Chairman proclaims the week of May 6 - 12, 2018 as "Yuma County Nurses Week". NO ACTION
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated May 07, 2018, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,450,599.09 and Payroll in the amount of $1,574,079.76 during the period of March 23, 2018 through April 13, 2018. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) APPROVED AS PRESENTED
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the following minutes: a) April 11, 2018 Special Joint Session; b) April 16, 2018 Executive Session; and c) April 16, 2018 Regular Session. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
4. Arizona@Work-Yuma County: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement funded by the State of Arizona’s Social Services Block Grant between Yuma County and the Arizona Department of Economic Security extending the end date of the Agreement to June 30, 2022. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
5. Development Services/Engineering: Adopt Resolution No. 2018-11, approving the installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Somerton Avenue and County 14th Street. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
6. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the following on the County 14th Street from Avenue A to Avenue D Overlay Project, CIP No. 1.1403: a) An Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with the State of Arizona/Arizona Department of Transportation covering the construction, maintenance and financing of this project as a Highway Users Revenue Fund (HURF) Swap Project; b) The cancellation letter for the previously approved IGA anticipating this project would be financed as a typical Federal Aid Project; and c) The construction plans and authorize the Department of Development Services to advertise for bids. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
7. County Administrator: Approve the fifth (5th) Amendment to the Bylaws of the Greater Yuma Port Authority (GYPA). APPROVED AS PRESENTED
Chairman recesses the Yuma County Board of Supervisors and convenes as the Yuma County Housing Governing Board.
HOUSING GOVERNING BOARD - DISCUSSION CALENDAR: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Housing: Conduct a Public Hearing to allow the public to comment on the Yuma County Housing Department Public Housing Agency Annual Plan, Capital Fund 5-Year Action Plan, Fiscal Year 2018 Capital Fund and Smoke Free Policy. NO ACTION
2. Housing: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-134 to increase budget authority in the Home Investment Partnership Fund No. 02269 by $77,498. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
Chairman adjourns the Yuma County Housing Governing Board and reconvenes the Yuma County Board of Supervisors in Regular Session.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Development Services/Engineering: In accordance with A.R.S. §11-251 (9) & (948), conduct an auction at 9:00 a.m., or as schedule permits, of Assessor's Parcel No. 728-03-029 and a county-owned excess parcel, and authorize the County Engineer to execute the deed transferring the property to the highest bidder at or above the minimum bid. Or, continue this item and authorize the County Engineer to return this item to the Board when there is sufficient interest to conduct an auction on the balance of the excess parcels. OTHER (SEE MINUTES)
2. Free Library District: Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §11-251.08 and §39-201 et seq.: a) Conduct a public hearing to receive comments regarding the proposed revisions to the Fines & Fees Schedule for the Yuma County Free Library District; and b) Discussion and possible action to authorize the Chairman to sign Resolution No. 2018-08, formally adopting said schedule (effective immediately) to supersede all previously adopted fee schedules. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
3. County Administration: Public Hearing: a) Conduct a Public Hearing regarding applications to the Arizona Department of Housing for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding for the FY 2018 Regional Account funding for three (3) projects: Yuma County - Tacna Water Planning; Housing America Corporation - Orchid Street Apartment Rehabilitation, Catholic Community Services - Safe House Rehabilitation; and the FY 2017-18 Colonia Set-Aside funding for one (1) project: Yuma County Housing Department - Colonia Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation; b) Adopt Resolution No. 2018-13, authorizing submission of applications; and c) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Application Certification Statements, Disclosure Reports, and all necessary forms for the applications. OTHER (SEE MINUTES)
4. County Administration: Approve appointments to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission for terms to commence on May 7, 2018, as follows: a) District No. 4, Louie Gradias; b) District No. 5, Althea Evans and Judy Phillips.; and c) The Board may appoint others as appropriate. APPROVED AS PRESENTED
5. County Administrator/Facilities Management: Update and discussion/possible action regarding testing and interim improvements at 197 South Main Street. NO ACTION
1. County Administrator/Office of Management & Budget: Presentation will be given summarizing the Recommended Fiscal Year 2018-19 Budget for Yuma County. NO ACTION
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). NO ACTION
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board