Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
March 19, 2018, Regular Session
- Date: 03/19/2018 9:00 AM
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
MARCH 19 2018 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel.
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated March 19, 2018, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.)
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,714,992.72 and Payroll in the amount of 1,543,344.39 during the period of February 09, 2018 through February 26, 2018. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.)
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the following minutes: a) February 21, 2018 Regular Session; and b) March 5, 2018 Regular Session.
4. Clerk of the Board: Recommend State approval of a Regular Liquor License Application Series No. 6, submitted by Troy James Sutton, dba Bottoms Up Pub, 11411 S. Fortuna Road, #115, Yuma, Arizona 85365, State License
5. County Administrator: Authorize the Arizona Supreme Court's Self-Service Center to use the Yuma County Seal on azcourts.gov, enabling self-service links to Yuma County from the online Center.
6. Sheriff's Office: Award the Health Care Services contract for the Yuma County Detention Center to Correct Care Solutions, LLC (CCS) and authorize the
Sheriff to negotiate and execute the contract subject to legal review, effective April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019.
7. Adult Probation: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-104, reducing the Substance Abuse Program Supervisor Position No. 241.001 funding from one (1) FTE under General Fund to .80 FTE in Probation Supervision Fees (PSF) and .20 FTE in the Special Revenue Drug Treatment and Education Fund (DTEF); b) Eliminate .20 FTE No. 538.001 Substance Abuse Counselor in DTEF to use funding for Position No. 241.001 Substance Abuse Program Supervisor; c) Reduce Surveillance Officer Position No. 282.012 funding from .11 FTE to .0 FTE in PSF and increase from .89 FTE to 1 FTE under General Fund; d) Reduce Probation Officer II Position No. 223.011 from .5 FTE to .0 FTE in PSF and increase from .50 FTE to 1 FTE under General Fund and; e) Reduce Chief Probation Officer Position No. 211.001 from .52 FTE to .29 FTE in PSF and increase from .48 FTE to .71 FTE under the General Fund.
8. Public Works: a) Authorize the Department of Public Works to participate in the City of Yuma's 2017-18 Slurry Seal Contract Bid No. 2016-20000024 at the contracted bid price of $1.15 per square yard; and b) Authorize the Public Works Director to execute all agreements and financial documents as needed to expedite the contracting process, contingent upon review by legal counsel.
9. Development Services/Engineering Division: Approve the Transfer and Acceptance of Wellton-Mohawk Park and Playground Dedication in Yuma County, Arizona Agreement with the Town of Wellton.
10. Development Services/Engineering: Adopt Resolution No. 2018-09 regulating traffic at the intersection of County 18th Street and Avenue I
11. Department of Development Services/Engineering/Flood Control District: Award the Contract, including both the Base Bid and Alternative Bid, to DPE Construction, Inc., in the amount of $629,547.00 for the San Luis Area Drainage Improvements Phase II (CIP No. 3.0505a) and authorize the Flood Control Manager to sign the construction contract.
12. Development Services/Engineering: Approve Budget Amendment Resolution
No. 18-102 transferring budget authority in the amount of $410,000 from CIP Project No. 1.1502 (County 12th Street) to CIP Project No. 1.1702 (Highway Pavement Improvements).
13. Superior Court Administrator: Approve the appointments of the following Commissioners and Attorneys as Judges Pro Tempore for the Superior Court in Yuma County, effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019: a) Commissioner Kathryn Stocking-Tate; b) Commissioner Stephen J. Rouff; c) Commissioner Levi Gunderson; d) Attorney Pamela Walsma.
14. Superior Court Administrator: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-103, moving 10% funding of Position No. 129.001 Computer Technician from APO/Probation Fees to Superior Court/Case Management Fees Fund.
15. Superior Court Administrator: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution
No. 18-100, increasing the budget authority in the Access & Visitation project by $10,303 to be used for program staff salaries; and b) Transfer budget authority of $10,303 from personnel to the Contingency line item in the Conciliation Fund.
16. County Attorney: Authorize and approve the County Attorney's appointment of Ken Love, Assistant Attorney General, as special deputy to represent the interests of Yuma County in the matter of Solarcity Corporation, et al., v. ADOR, et al., No. TX2017-000512.
Chairman recesses the Yuma County Board of Supervisors and convenes as the Yuma County Housing Governing Board.
HOUSING GOVERNING BOARD - CONSENT CALENDAR: The following item(s) listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Housing: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Valley Vista Sewer Lift Station and Force Main Easement which grants, conveys, and transfers to Somerton Municipal Property Corporation to enter upon, survey, construct, reconstruct, and maintain a sewer lift station and force main for the installation of the lift station, force main and associated appurtenances, within, through, under and across a strip of land situated in the County of Yuma described in Exhibit A of the Easement.
Chairman adjourns the Yuma County Housing Governing Board and reconvenes the Yuma County Board of Supervisors in Regular Session.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Human Resources: Action to approve 2018-2019 Medical Premium Rates & Plan Design Options: Effective July 1, 2018, no increase for the employer (ER) contribution and no increase for the employee (EE) contribution for plan year 2018-2019, increase the PPO $500 deductible to $600 deductible, increase the $20 primary care physician (PCP) co-pay to $25 PCP co-pay and increase the $30 Specialist co-pay to $35 specialist co-pay include a third plan PPO option with a 70/30 co-insurance, a $1000 deductible, $6000 maximum out of pocket expenses, $30 PCP and $40 Specialist co-pay and the option to utilize the SSA Mexico network.
2. County Administrator/General Services: Update and discussion/possible action regarding testing and interim improvements at 197 South Main Street.
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
REZONING -- REVERSION HEARINGS: In accordance with Section 404.01(I)(7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, the Board will conduct a hearing to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development, determine compliance with the Schedule for Development, or cause the property to revert to its former zoning classification in the following cases:
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Rezoning Case
No. 04-36: In accordance with Section 404.01(I)(7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, action to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development or cause the property to revert to its former RA-10 zoning classification, Assessor's Parcel Nos. 754-46-006 through -009, located at the northwest corner of the intersection of County 17-1/2 Street and the alignment of Avenue A-5/8, Somerton, Arizona.
2. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Rezoning Case
No. 05-40: In accordance with Section 404.01(I)(7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, action to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development or cause the property to revert to its former SSB-5 zoning classification, Assessor's Parcel No. 724-18-004, located at Avenue 4-1/2E and County 12-1/2 Street, Yuma, Arizona.
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K).
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board