Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
February 5, 2018, Executive and Regular Session
- Date: 02/05/2018 9:30 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION and EXECUTIVE SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
FEBRUARY 5, 2018 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER -- REGULAR SESSION
EXECUTIVE SESSION ITEMS:
Action to authorize an Executive Session of the Board of Supervisors pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03.
Motion to recess the Regular Session portion of the agenda, convene in Executive Session pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03 to address the item(s) listed in the Executive Session portion of the agenda, and reconvene in Regular Session immediately after the Executive Session concludes.
1. County Attorney: Discussion or consultation for legal advice in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding settlement discussions conducted in the matter of Williams, et al., v. Yuma County, et al., No. S1400CV2016-00838. This matter is brought in executive session pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03 (A.)(3.) and (4.). No Action
REGULAR SESSION ITEMS:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated February 5, 2018, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Financial Services: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $3,204,476.57 and Payroll in the amount of 1,648,391.69 during the period of December 26, 2017 through January 11, 2018. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.). Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the January 17, 2018 Regular Session. Approved as presented
4. Clerk of the Board: Action to recommend State approval of a Special Event Liquor License application submitted by Eva J. Mendez-Counts dba Catholic Community Services Yuma, for a fundraiser to be held at St. John Neumann Roman Catholic Church on Saturday, February 17, 2018. BOS Recommended approval
5. County Administration: Adopt Resolution No. 2018-03, supporting the 20th Anniversary of the Marine Corps Korean War Memorial on March 9, 2018. Approved as presented
6. Facilities Management: Authorize the Facilities Management Director to negotiate with Copper State Fire Protection for the Fire Alarm System Replacement at the Sheriff's Office Detention Center and to award the contract if agreement is reached. Approved as presented
7. Justice Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-92, transferring $27,000 in the General Fund budget line authority from Justice Court Precinct 2 personnel to General Fund supplies and services for upgrades to the building and lobby area. This will assist in eliminating safety concerns and risks to patrons and staff by upgrading court equipment throughout the building. Approved as presented
8. County Attorney: Authorize and approve the County Attorney's appointment of Ken Love, Assistant Attorney General, as special deputy to represent the interests of Yuma County in the matter of Constellation Solar Arizona, LLC v. ADOR, No. TX2017-000471. Approved as presented
9. County Attorney: Authorize and approve the County Attorney's appointment of Stacy Gabriel, of the law firm Gabriel & Ashworth, P.L.L.C., as special deputy, at the hourly rate of $275.00 per hour, regarding personnel matters involving the employment of Wendy White, Deputy Public Defender. Approved as presented
Chairman recesses the Yuma County Board of Supervisors and convenes as the Yuma County Housing Governing Board.
HOUSING GOVERNING BOARD - CONSENT CALENDAR: The following item(s) listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Housing: Approve the grade adjustment for the Housing Facilities Maintenance Worker II from 164 to 176 and Housing Facilities Maintenance Worker III from 188 to 202, retroactively to July 1, 2017 to comply with the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Labor Relations' Maintenance Wage Rate Decision dated June 27, 2017. Approved as presented
HOUSING GOVERNING BOARD - DISCUSSION CALENDAR: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Housing: Adopt and authorize the Chairman to sign Resolution No. 2018-04, approving the amended Section 8 Administrative Plan for the Yuma County Housing Department's Housing Choice Voucher program. Approved as presented
2. Housing: Adopt and authorize the Chairman to sign Resolution No. 2018-05, approving the amended Low Rent Public Housing Program Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) according to the most recent federal regulations for the three (3) Yuma County Housing Department’s developments: Valley Vista Apartments, 8450 West Highway 95, Somerton, Arizona; Moctezuma Apartments, 345 East Juan Sanchez Boulevard, San Luis, Arizona; and Pecan Shadows Apartments, 2650 West 3rd Street, Yuma, Arizona. Approved as presented
3. Housing: Adopt and authorize the Chairman to sign Resolution No. 2018-06, approving the Yuma County Housing Department’s Family Self-Sufficiency Program Action Plan. Approved as presented
4. Housing: Adopt and authorize the Chairman to sign Resolution No. 2018-07, approving the Yuma County Housing Department’s Public Housing Agency Annual Plan for Fiscal Year 2018, Smoke Free Policy, Capital Fund Five (5) year Action Plan, 2018 Capital Fund and related certifications and agreements with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Approved as presented
Chairman adjourns the Yuma County Housing Governing Board and reconvenes the Yuma County Board of Supervisors in Regular Session.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. County Administrator: Discussion and possible action regarding legislative issues for the 2018 NACo Conference and Federal legislator visits, to amend the Talking Points memo and Cover Sheet to reflect changes or updates, or create memos to capture additional legislative proposals. No Action
2. County Administrator/General Services: Update and discussion/possible action regarding testing and interim improvements at 197 South Main Street. No Action
3. County Attorney: Discussion and possible action concerning a settlement proposal in the matter of Williams v. Yuma County, No. S1400CV2016-00838. Other (See minutes)
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
REZONING -- REGULAR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS: Staff will make a full presentation on each of the following items, followed by separate discussion, public hearing, and action by the Board of Supervisors.
REZONING -- REVERSION HEARINGS: In accordance with Section 404.01(I)(7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, the Board will conduct a hearing to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development, determine compliance with the Schedule for Development, or cause the property to revert to its former zoning classification in the following cases:
1. Rezoning Case No. 03-28: In accordance with Section 404.01(I)(7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, action to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development or cause the property to revert to its former Rural Area-10 acre minimum (RA-10) zoning classification for Assessor's Parcel No. 197-19-001 (formerly 112-23-013), located at the southeast corner of Avenue 4E and County 13th Street, Yuma Arizona. Revert to previous zoning desig.
2. Rezoning Case No. 04-39: In accordance with Section 404.01 (I) (7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, action to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development or cause the property to revert to its former Rural Areal-10 Acre minimum (RA-10), Medium Density Residential (R-2), and Local Commercial (C-1) zoning classifications for Assessor's Parcel No, 701-20-001 (formerly 701-20-040 B), located at the southwest corner of County 10-1/2 Street and Foothills Boulevard. Revert to previous zoning desig.
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K).
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Boar