Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
January 17, 2018 Regular Session
- Date: 01/17/2018 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
JANUARY 17, 2018 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. Public Works: Mid-year status update on the fiscal year 2017-18 Gravel Road Maintenance and Chip Seal Programs. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated January 17, 2018, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Financial Services: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $3,219,210.55 and Payroll in the amount of 1,781,423.06 during the period of December 13, 2017 through December 22, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.). Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the January 3, 2018 Regular and Work Session, and the January 3, 2018 Executive Session. Approved as presented
4. Clerk of the Board: Recommend State approval of a Regular Liquor License Application Series No. 10, submitted by Daniel Craig Shay, dba Chevron Self-Serve #25, 11379 S. Fortuna Road, Yuma, Arizona 85367, State License No. 10143182. BOS recommended approval
5. Public Health Services District: Authorize the Health District Director to sign Contract No. ADHS18-188832 for HIV prevention services between the Arizona Department of Health Services and Yuma County Public Health Services District effective January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2023. Approved as presented
6. Development Services/Flood Control District: Approve an Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of San Luis covering the construction, maintenance and financing for the San Luis Storm Drain Phase II Improvement Project (CIP No. 3.0505). Approved as presented
7. Development Services: Approve the following for the installation of a traffic pedestrian signal at Avenue B and 5th Street (CIP 1.9915): a) The construction plans and authorize the Department of Development Services to advertise for bids; and b) Adopt Resolution No. 2018-02, regulating traffic at this intersection. Approved as presented
8. Development Services/Engineering: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-90, reallocating funding in the amount of $80,400 from HURF/DDS-Engineer Contingency to CIP No. 1.1401, County 12th Street and Avenue D Bridge Replacement Project. Approved as presented
9. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the construction plans and authorize the Department of Development Services to advertise for bids for the Spring 2018 Yuma and Mohawk District Chip Seal Project CIP No. 1.1702). Approved as presented
10. Development Services: Authorize the Chairman to sign an agreement with the "Unit B" Irrigation District for the Avenue B: County 16th Street to County 18th Street Improvements Project (CIP No. 1.0702) for the relocation of irrigation stand boxes and structures. Approved as presented
11. Development Services/Engineering: Adopt Resolution No. 2018-01 establishing bicycle routes as described within the Engineering Division's Policy and Practice Guideline for Establishing Bicycle Routes. Approved as presented
12. Housing: Appoint Ms. Daniela Vega Esparza to the Yuma County Housing Board for a term that will sunset on February 1, 2019. Approved as presented
13. Legal Defender: Action to appoint David Shapiro to the position of Attorney Supervisor/Senior Trial Attorney, Position No. 2166.003 at Step 8, Grade 368 (above midpoint). Approved as presented
14. Human Resources: Award and authorize the Human Resources Director to sign the agreement for Prescription Benefit Manager Services with Express Scripts for (5) five (1) one-year renewable terms effective July 1, 2018 for the Yuma County Employee Benefit Trust Health Plan. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. County Administration: Authorize the County Administrator to negotiate an Economic Development Incentive Agreement in an amount not to exceed $80,000 over a 4-year period with a company considering a location in Yuma County that will create over fifty (50) new full-time jobs and have a capital expenditure for construction and equipment in excess of $20,000,000. Approved as presented
2. County Administration: Board of Supervisors consideration, modification if deemed appropriate, and approval of the Yuma County 2018 Resident Survey. Approved as Amended
3. County Administration/General Services: Update and discussion/possible action regarding testing and interim improvements at 197 South Main Street. No Action
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board