Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 11/06/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
NOVEMBER 6, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. Chairman proclaims November 18, 2017 as "Adoption Day" in Yuma County. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated November 6, 2017, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Financial Services: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $3,120,458.60 and Payroll in the amount of $1,508,594.00 during the period of September 26, 2017 through October 13, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the following minutes: a) October 2, 2017 Executive Session; and b) October 16, 2017 Regular and Work Sessions. Approved as presented
4. County Administrator: Approve the list of properties as shown in Agenda Exhibit "A" to be sold at the Tax Deeded Property Auction and establish the date of the auction as March 12, 2018, during Special Session. (Exhibit A is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors). Approved as presented
5. County Administrator/Emergency Management: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Subgrantee Agreement between Yuma County Emergency Management and the State of Arizona Department of Homeland Security for the State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP). Grant was authorized for $5,000 which was requested and approved in the original Grant Revenue budget for FFY2017. Approved as presented
6. County Administrator/Risk Management: Authorize the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Cost Reduction Agreement - Government Program, with Cost Control Associates, Inc., subject to legal review. Approved as presented
7. Financial Services/All Special Taxing Districts: Order the County Assessor to process Tax Roll Corrections, as permitted by Statute, to property owners of Tax Authority #1385701, Improvement District "Tierra Mesa Units Nos. 5 and 6". Approved as presented
8. Arizona@Work: The Yuma County Workforce Development Board operated by the Arizona@Work is petitioning the Yuma County Board of Supervisors to authorize the Chairman to sign the letter requesting a waiver for the Registered Apprenticeship Program Representative in Yuma County. Approved as presented
9. General Services: a) Award the contract for the installation of the Diesel Fuel Storage Tank (CIP 5.1701) at the Sheriff’s Office Detention Center to Jenal Engineering Corporation as low responsive bidder, in the amount of $107,750; and b) Authorize the General Services Director to enter into a contract with
Jenal Engineering Corporation in the amount of $107,750.00. Approved as presented
10. Public Works: a) Authorize the Public Works Director to purchase/lease two (2) new Caterpillar 120M motor graders from Empire Southwest in an amount not to exceed $431,652.00, utilizing the City of Tucson’s purchasing contract; b) Adopt Resolution No. 2017-32, approving the Lease/Purchase Agreement contract with ZB, N.A. (subject to County Attorney review) and authorize the Public Works Director to execute all contract documentation and all documents necessary to effectuate said lease, and; c) Unanimously approve the sale of a 1985 Caterpillar 140G motor grader (#10-20H) to Unit B Irrigation and Drainage District in the amount of $37,700. Approved as presented
11. Development Services/Engineering: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-34, abandoning road right-of-way between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue, west of College Street within Lot 2, Block 25, Townsite of Gadsden, according to Book 1 of Plats, Page 61, as Recorded on January 12, 1915 at the Yuma County Recorder’s Office. Approved as presented
12. Free Library District: Confirm the appointment of Carolyn Renzy to replace Michael Foree, as a City of Yuma representative on the Yuma County Free Library District Board of Trustees, effective November 6, 2017. (Mr. Foree’s term expires June 30, 2018.) Approved as presented
13. Justice Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-65, transferring $5,564 in General Fund budget line authority from JP2 personnel to General Fund JP2 supplies and services line item for the relocation of the JAVS audio and video recording equipment. Approved as presented
14. Superior Court Administrator: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-70 to reallocate the Conciliation Court Manager position to Mediator, change the funding percentages as indicated in the summary; and b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-71 to increase the Conciliation Court Office Assistant from 20 hours to 25 hours/week. Approved as presented
15. County Attorney: Approve the Voter Registration Services and Support IGA between the Office of the Secretary of State and Yuma County, and authorize the Chairman of the Yuma County Board of Supervisors to execute said IGA. Approved as presented
16. Health District: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-35, supporting the Rural Impact County Challenge Community Coaching Program (RICC) initiative. The RICC program will run for the 2018 calendar year. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. County Administration: Discussion and possible action regarding Yuma County Board of Supervisors membership (to include funding) in the Border Trade Alliance and/or the Arizona Mexico Commission. Other (See minutes)
Recess as the Yuma County Board of Supervisors and convene as the Yuma County Board of Equalization.
BOARD OF EQUALIZATION CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion to accept the Notices of Decision agreed upon by the petitioners and the Yuma County Assessor, with no separate discussion, unless a Board member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. County Administrator/Board of Equalization: Action regarding agreement reached by the Petitioner and the Assessor's office of $335,000 as the
Full Cash Value for the 2018 Tax Year for the Residential Petition for Review of Valuation for Dwight & Sarah Palmer, Assessor's Parcel No. 196-25-023, located at 3675 E. County 14 1/4 Street, Yuma, AZ 85365. (Appraiser: Harolene Stamp.) Upheld Assessor Decision
Adjourn as the Yuma County Board of Equalization and reconvene as the Yuma County Board of Supervisors.
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
EXPEDITED REZONING and PUBLIC HEARINGS: These items will be opened as a group for public hearings and acted upon by one motion to adopt the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission, except for any item that is removed by a Board member for separate consideration. That item will be discussed and acted upon separately following action on expedited items.
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Rezoning Case No. 17-09: Raul and Concepcion Rodriguez request the rezoning of a parcel approximately 10.24 gross acres size from Rural Area-10 acre minimum (RA-10) to Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor's Parcel Number 748-18-004, located at the northwest corner of County 14¾ Street and Avenue 4½E, Yuma, Arizona. Approved PZ Comm Rec'n-APPROVED
REZONING -- REGULAR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS: Staff will make a full presentation on each of the following items, followed by separate discussion, public hearing, and action by the Board of Supervisors.
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Rezoning Case No. 17-11: Russell Tyndall, agent for Pamela Lee Crowe and Cesar and Lynn Fazz, requests the rezoning of two parcels totaling 10 gross acres in size from Rural Area-10 acre minimum (RA-10) to Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor's Parcel Numbers 724-34-014 and -015, located on the southeast corner of the alignment of Avenue 4¼ E and County 13th Street, Yuma, Arizona; located within the 65-70 dB noise zone. Approved PZ Comm Rec'n-APPROVED
2. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Rezoning Case No. 17-07: Guillermina Fuentes and Crispiniano and Maria Valenzuela request the rezoning of three parcels totaling 6.0 gross acres in size from Rural Area - 10 acre minimum (RA-10) to Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 755-33-001, -004 and -005, located on the southeast corner of Avenue A and County 17th Street, Yuma, Arizona. Approved PZ Com Rec'n-SEE MINUTES
3. Development Services/Planning & Zoning Division: Discussion on a possible text amendment to the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, Section 605.07—Maximum Lot Coverage, Section 606.07--Maximum Lot Coverage, and Section 609.07--Maximum Lot Coverage. No Action
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. Development Services/Engineering/Flood Control: Engineering and Flood Control Capital Improvement Program, Fiscal Year 2017-18 status update. No Action
2. County Administrator: Overview of functions and services provided by General Services. No Action
Action to adjourn.
Please note: On November 6, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. the Yuma County Board of Supervisors will convene in Special Session. The meeting will be held at the Yuma City Council Chambers located at One City Hall, Yuma, Arizona.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board