Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 10/16/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
OCTOBER 16, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of the Yuma County Quarterly Safety Excellence Award by
County Administrator Susan Thorpe. No Action
2. Chairman proclaims October 2017 as "Domestic Violence Awareness Month". No Action
3. Chairman proclaims the week of October 23, 2017 through October 31, 2017 as "Red Ribbon Week". No Action
4. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated October 16, 2017, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,358,344.12 and Payroll in the amount of $1,535,342.65 during the period of September 07, 2017 through September 21, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the October 2, 2017 Regular and Work Sessions. Approved as presented
4. Clerk of the Board: Action to recommend State approval of a Special Event Liquor License application submitted by Brennan R. Amos dba Yuma Territorial FFA Alumni, for a fundraiser to be held Saturday, November 18, 2017. BOS recommended approval
5. Clerk of the Board: Recommend State approval of an Extension of Premises/Patio Permit for a Regular Liquor License application submitted by Clarence G. Smythe dba Fraternal Order of Eagles #4538, 11274 S. Fortuna Road, Yuma, Arizona, State License No. 14143009. BOS recommended approval
6. County Administrator/Elections: Approve the appointment of Cheryl Silhan, Precinct 38, as Democratic Precinct Committeeman as recommended by the Yuma County Democratic Party for a term that will expire on December 31, 2018. Approved as presented
7. County Administrator: Approve the Chief Financial Officer/Fiscal Services Director salary at Grade 379, Step 7.5 (above midpoint). Approved as presented
8. County Administrator: Action to: a) Declare miscellaneous County Property as surplus to County needs as listed in Exhibit A for County Administration, Development Services, Health Department, Housing, Information Technology Services, Juvenile Court, Library District, Public Works, Sheriff's Office and Treasurer's Office; b) Authorize auction items to be publicly auctioned online between November 6, 2017, and November 20, 2017; and c) Authorize the disposal of any items that are not sold at auction pursuant to the Yuma County Purchasing Policy. (Exhibit A is available for review at the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
9. County Administrator: Authorize the Chairman to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement (4FRONTED Binational Program to Support Economic Development in the Greater Yuma Region) between the Yuma County Board of Supervisors and the City of San Luis authorizing the City to act as the Fiscal Agent for administering support funds for the 4FRONTED Binational Program, effective October 16, 2017 through October 16, 2018. Approved as presented
10. Financial Services/All Special Taxing Districts: a) Establish, Adopt and Correct Property Tax Rates and Assessment of Taxes for Fiscal Year 2017-18 for Country Life Units No. 1 and 2 pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §42-17151 as indicated on the Country Life Corrected schedule (available for review at the office of the Clerk of the Board); b) Order the County Assessor to process tax reimbursements, as permitted by Statute, to property owners of Country Life Unit No. 1; and c) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No 18-66, adjusting budget authority for Improvement District Country Life unit No. 1 and establishing a fund and budget authority for Improvement District Country Life Unit No. 2. Approved as presented
11. Arizona@Work: The Yuma County Workforce Development Board operated by Arizona@Work is requesting that the Yuma County Board of Supervisors appoint Tony Zuniga to fill a vacancy for the Business (Private) Sector, on the Yuma County Workforce Development Board; the term will expire on June 13, 2019. Approved as presented
12. Arizona@Work: a) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Intergovernmental Agreement Contract Amendment No. 8 to Contract DI16-002113 between Yuma County and the Arizona Department of Economic Security, and b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-63 to increase budget authority to the awarded contract amount of $4,000 in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds. Approved as presented
13. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the following for the Avenue 14E: 28th Street to Suzanne de Fortuna Dr. Road Improvement Project
(CIP No. 1.1506); a) Award the construction contract to DPE Construction, Inc. in the amount of $124,499.00 and authorize the County Engineer to sign the construction contract; b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-61 transferring $50,000 budget authority from DDS/Engineering HURF Contingency to Construction in Progress; and c) Adopt Resolution No. 2017-31, establishing a portion of Avenue 14E from Masterson Avenue (28th Street) to County 10th Street as a County Highway. Approved as presented
14. Development Services/Engineering: a) Authorize the Department of Development Services to proceed with the design of two traffic signals projects (CIP 1.9915) at: 1) Avenue A and County 15th Street, and; 2) US Highway 95 and Engler Avenue, and; b) Approve the removal of the northbound stop sign on Avenue I at County 18th Street thereby establishing Avenue I between US Highway 95 and County 19th Street as a through street, and; c) Adopt Resolution Number 2017-30 regulating traffic at the three mentioned locations. Approved as presented
15. Development Services/Engineering: Adopt a joint resolution (Yuma County Resolution No. 2017-33/Exhibit 1) with the City of Yuma (City of Yuma Resolution No. R2017-022) for the Transfer and Annexation of County 8th Street, from Avenue C½ west 140.0 ft. for the County 8th Street, Avenue C to Avenue D Reconstruction Project. Approved as presented
16. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Raul Garcia, P.E., R.L.S., of Jacobson Engineering, requests approval of the final plat for Yuma East Estates No. 9E, 9F, 9G, 9H and 9I subdivision consisting of 17.6535 net acres zoned Recreational Vehicle Subdivision (RVS), Assessor’s Parcel Number 700-57-001, located on the northeast of the intersection of Avenue 10E and County 12th Street. Approved as presented
17. General Services: Reject the bid from Jenal Engineering Corporation as exceeding the budgeted amount for the Unleaded Fuel Pump & Tank project. Approved as presented
18. Public Health Services District: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution
No. 18-64, increasing budget authority in the Health Grants Fund by $116,828.00 for the new Kresge Foundation Action Learning Project Grant No.
R-1708-269418; and b) Authorize the District Director to accept Agreement
No. R-1708-269418 between the Yuma County Public Health Services District and the Kresge Foundation, effective September 1, 2017 through October 31, 2018. Approved as presented
19. Sheriff's Office: Authorize the Sheriff to sign the agreement and accept funds from the State of Arizona Department of Homeland Security Grant Program for the purpose of updating equipment for the Yuma County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad. Authorize the Sheriff to utilize funds to update the equipment for the Yuma County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad in an amount not to exceed $115,260. Approved as presented
20. Superior Court Administrator: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Certification Statement verifying that monies collected in Fiscal Year 2016-17 by Superior Court, Clerk of Superior Court, and Yuma County Justice Courts totaled $5,798,544.18 which is 5% in excess of collections of the baseline year, of which 5% or $255,672.80 is eligible for the "set aside" fund pursuant to A.R.S. 41-2421(C). Approved as presented
21. Superior Court Administrator: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Fill the Gap application for Fiscal Year 2017-18 in the amount of $239,165. Approved as presented
22. Superior Court Administrator: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-57, increasing the budget authority for the Access & Visitation project by $2,123 to be used for program staff salaries and to transfer of budget authority of $2,123 from personnel to the Contingency line item in the Conciliation Fund. Approved as presented
23. Superior Court Administrator: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-58 to increase budget authority in the Local Court Assistance Fund by $26,080 (reflects an increase in the Transfer Out and Contingency) and to increase budget authority in the Fill The Gap Fund by $1,596 (reflects increases in Transfers In and personnel plus a decrease in State Grant Proceeds). Approved as presented
24. Superior Court Administrator: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-60 to increase budget authority by $12,827 from $93,553 to $106,380 in local JCEF (Judicial Collection Enhancement Fund) to include an increase in contingency of $7,936. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Finance/Jail District: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-28, to incur long-term obligations to Finance the Acquisition and/or Replacement of security and fire alarm control panels, air handling and conditioning units, phone system, surveillance cameras upgrade, underground fuel storage tanks, and to renovate and make additions to Yuma County Adult Detention facility within the Jail District (approved Jail district Capital Projects). Approved as presented
2. Finance: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-29, to incur long-term obligations to Finance the acquisition and/or replacement of alarm control panels, air conditioning units, phone systems, digital video recorder and surveillance cameras, underground fuel storage tanks, specialized equipment, software integration upgrades, and to renovate and make additions to various Yuma County owned buildings. (Approved Capital Improvement Projects). Approved as presented
3. Development Services/Engineering/Flood Control District: Accept the South Somerton Area Drainage Study and authorize the Flood Control Manager to proceed with the design of the recommended alternatives. Approved as presented
4. Development Services/Engineering/Flood Control District: Accept the Wellton Area Drainage Study and authorize the Flood Control Manager to proceed with the design of the recommended Near Term Priorities Projects and the Coyote Wash Channelization alternatives. Approved as presented
5. County Administrator: Discussion and possible action regarding the adoption of positions on a number of 2018 State legislative proposals submitted by Arizona counties for consideration at the annual County Supervisors Association (CSA) Legislative Summit to be held October 24-26, 2017. No Action
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
REZONING -- REVERSION HEARINGS: In accordance with Section 404.01(I)(7) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, the Board will conduct a hearing to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development, determine compliance with the Schedule for Development, or cause the property to revert to its former zoning classification in the following cases:
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Rezoning Case No. 08-14: In accordance with the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance, Section 404.01(I)(7), action to grant an extension of time to comply with the Schedule for Development, determine compliance with the Schedule for Development, or cause the property to revert to its former Rural Area-10 acre minimum (RA-10) zoning classification, Assessor's Parcel Numbers 723-24-086, -087, -088, -089 and -090 (originally Parcel Number 104-02-015B), located at the northeast corner of the alignment of Avenue 3¾E and County 12¾ Street. Approved PZ Staff Recommendation
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. County Administrator: Overview of functions and services provided by the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department. No Action
2. County Administration: Presentation and direction to staff regarding the FY2018 Community Development Block Grant process and its strategic approach to prioritizing activity types for utilization of funds. No Action
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board