Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 09/18/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. Chairman proclaims September 25, 2017 as "Day of Remembrance for Homicide Victims". No Action
3. Human Resources: Presentation of the 1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place winners for the county and court Corporate Cup Water Bottle Drive for Crossroads Mission. No Action
4. County Administration: Overview of functions and strategic plan for the Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area Corporation by Charles Flynn, Executive Director. No Action
5. County Administration: Presentation regarding the Yuma County 2017-2018 Resident Survey, and possible direction regarding same. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated September 18, 2017, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,178,652.67 and Payroll in the amount of $1,542,972.67 during the period of August 11, 2017 through August 24, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the September 6, 2017 Regular and Work Sessions. Approved as presented
4. Clerk of the Board: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-27 to rescind Board of Supervisors approved policies that have become obsolete or replaced for one or more reasons, as listed in Exhibit A of the resolution. (Exhibit A is available for review from the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
5. Arizona@Work-Yuma County: a) Approval of the Yuma County Workforce Infrastructure Funding Agreement. b) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Authorized Signatures page of the Yuma County Workforce Infrastructure Funding Agreement along with authorization to make minor revisions or adjustments once breakout costs are received from the Department of Economic Security (DES). Approved as presented
6. Information Technology Services (ITS): Authorize the Information Technology Services Department to execute the proposal from DLT Solutions, LLC dated August 31, 2017 (subject to contract negotiations and County Attorney review) to purchase professional services under US Communities contract for the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) No. 6.1704 in an amount not to exceed $322,900.00. Approved as presented
7. Free Library District: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-50, increasing budget authority in Expense Code 02312.07.7000.41011 by $416. Approved as presented
8. Free Library District: Confirm the appointment of Emilia Cortez to replace Brian Ewing as a City of Yuma representative on the Yuma County Free Library District Board of Trustees, effective September 18, 2017. (Mr. Ewing’s term expires June 30, 2019.) Approved as presented
9. Public Health Services District: Authorize the District Director to sign Contract No. ADHS18-177693 between the Yuma County Public Health Services District and the Arizona Department of Health Services for immunization related services for children, adolescents, and adult populations, effective January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2022. Approved as presented
10. Public Health Services District: Authorize the District Director to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Yuma County Public Health Services District and the Yuma County Pest Abatement District, outlining the procedure to safeguard protected health information that may be provided by the Health Services District to the Pest Abatement District, for the prevention and migration of mosquito-borne diseases when disclosure is deemed necessary. Approved as presented
11. Development Services/Engineering: Authorize the Chairman to sign a Contract and Grant of Easement to the Yuma County Water Users' Association for the realignment of the Central Canal for County 12th Street Bridge over the Central Canal (Avenue D) Replacement Project, CIP No. 1.1401. Approved as presented
12. Development Services/Engineering: Authorize the Chairman to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Arizona/Arizona Department of Transportation covering the construction, maintenance and financing of the Highway 95 and Avenue 8E Traffic Signal Project. Approved as presented
13. County Administrator/Elections: Approve appointments of the following Democratic Party Precinct Committeemen as recommended by the Yuma County Democratic Party, for terms that will expire on December 31, 2018: Precinct 1 - Michele "Gina" Watts and Precinct 5 - Frederic B. Brown. Approved as presented
14. Sheriff: Authorize the Sheriff to enter into and sign an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Arizona Department of Education to allow for the electronic reporting of education data. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. County Administrator: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-24 in support of the Castle Dome bypass road as proposed by the Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area Corporation. Approved as presented
2. County Administrator/Communications: a) Establish CIP Project No. 6.1705 for upgrades to the Board of Supervisor and Development Services video equipment, and; b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution 18-17 to move budget authority of $88,744 from Contingency to operating line items in the Capital improvement Fund. Approved as presented
3. Public Works: As the Board of Supervisors of Yuma County, a) Accept the attached petition, as verified, to form an Irrigation Water Delivery District to be known as Premier Storage Condominiums of Yuma Unit 2 LLC, Phase VI (Building 3) Irrigation Water Delivery District No. 2017-03, under the provisions of A.R.S. §48-3421 et seq.; b) Suspend the proposed district's powers and functions of delivering and distributing irrigation water and of maintaining the ditches, pipelines and other facilities for delivering irrigation water; c) Declare the district duly organized pursuant to A.R.S. §48-3425, finding the petition to be signed by 100% of the owners of the entire acreage in the proposed district; d) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Order of Establishment of the district as presented; e) Authorize the establishment of a new fund number for the irrigation water delivery district; and, f) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No.18-55 to establish budget authority for the new district in the amount of $765.00. Approved as presented
Recess as the Yuma County Board of Supervisors and convene as the Yuma County Board of Equalization.
BOARD OF EQUALIZATION DISCUSSION CALENDAR: Sitting as the Yuma County Board of Equalization, the Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. County Administrator/Board of Equalization: Action regarding petition for Review of Real Property Valuation for Yuma Apartments Properties c/o Paul Ash, Assessor's Parcel No. 664-15-024, (located at 1600 W. 12th Street, Yuma, Arizona 85364) filed by Jodi Bain, The Bain Law Firm PLLC. No Action
Adjourn as the Yuma County Board of Equalization and reconvene as the Yuma County Board of Supervisors.
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
REZONING -- REGULAR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS: Staff will make a full presentation on each of the following items, followed by separate discussion, public hearing, and action by the Board of Supervisors.
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Craig Colvin of Colvin Engineering, representing AB-SUB Development, Inc., AZ Corporation, requests two modifications from Section 4.15(B) of the Yuma County Subdivision Regulations for the proposed 10 East Subdivision, Assessor’s Parcel Number 693-08-001, zoned Recreational Vehicle Subdivision (RVS), located at the northeast corner of Avenue 10E and 34th Street, Yuma, AZ. Approved PZ Com Rec'n - APPROVED
2. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Wild Coues Deer Investments LLC requests six modifications from the Yuma County Subdivision Regulations for the proposed Fortuna Palms Subdivision, Assessor’s Parcel Nos. 700-44-354 and -355, zoned General Commercial (C-2), located on the northwest corner of Fortuna Road and 35th Place. Approved PZ Com Rec'n - APPROVED
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. Superior Court: Overview of functions and services provided by Yuma County Superior Court. No Action
2. Library District: Overview of locations and services provided by the Yuma County Free Library District. No Action
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board