Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 08/21/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
AUGUST 21, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. County Administration: Introduction and brief presentation by Colonel David A. Suggs, Commanding Officer, Marine Corps Air Station-Yuma (MCAS), concerning the new command and his vision for the Air Station. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated August 21, 2017, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,927,860.63 and Payroll in the amount of $2,314,022.24 during the period of July 12, 2017 through July 27, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Finance: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-36 to reduce Budget Authority in Improvement District Fund No. 01955 - Tierra Mesa No. 5 and No. 6 (90-2) by $6,990. Approved as presented
4. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the August 7, 2017 Regular and Work Sessions. Approved as presented
5. County Administrator: Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §41-1279.07(E), appoint Gilberto (Gil) Villegas as Chief Fiscal Officer for the purpose of preparing the Annual Expenditure Limitation Reports for Yuma County. Approved as presented
6. Arizona@Work: The Yuma County Workforce Development Board, operated by the Arizona@Work, requests that the Yuma County Board of Supervisors appoint Tracy L. Schultz to fill a vacancy for the Business (Private) Sector on the Yuma County Workforce Development Board for a term that will expire on June 13, 2020. Approved as presented
7. Recorder's Office: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-44 transferring $6,479 from the Contingency line item to the Photography Services line item in the Recorder’s Fund for the purchase of a multi-function printer. Approved as presented
8. Treasurer: Per A.R.S. §42-19118, Adopt Resolution No. 2017-25, authorizing the County Treasurer to sign Certificates of Clearance No. 17-002 and No. 17-003, thereby removing taxes due which are considered to be uncollectible. Approved as presented
9. Elections: Approve the appointment of Thomas C. Ramus, Precinct 24, as Republican Precinct Committeemen as recommended by the Yuma County Republican Party for terms which expire on December 31, 2018. Approved as presented
11. Sheriff/Assessor: Authorize the following vehicle purchases: a) Twenty (20) Dodge Ram Pickups for the Sheriff's Office in an amount not to exceed of $645,606.40 including tax and fees, under the approved State Purchasing Contract No. ADSPO17-166118; b) Six (6) Ford Explorers for the Assessor's' Office in an amount not to exceed $168,102.88 including tax and fees, under the approved State Purchasing Contract No. ADSPO17-166124; and c) Adopt Resolution No. 2018-26, approving the Lease/Purchase Agreement contract with ZB, N.A. (subject to County Attorney review) and authorize the County’s Chief Financial Officer to execute all documents necessary to effectuate said lease. Approved as presented
12. Superior Court/Adult Probation: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-11, decreasing budget authority in the Judicial Collection Enhancement Fund (JCEF/IPS & SAE) by $45,061, with a decrease in contingency of $45,062. Approved as presented
13. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-29, decreasing funding by $945 in the Juvenile Victim Rights Fund. Approved as presented
14. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-31, increasing funding by $4,762 in the CASA Fund. Approved as presented
15. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-30, decreasing funding by $3,756 in the Court Improvement Fund. Approved as presented
16. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-26, increasing funding by $9,381 in the Juvenile Crime Reduction Fund. Approved as presented
17. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-32, increasing budget authority in the Aztec High School Fund by $137,541 (increasing contingency by $171,212). Approved as presented
18. Public Works: a) Authorize the Public Works Director to purchase one (1) new 2018 Peterbilt Roll-Off from the local Rush Peterbilt dealer in the amount of $152,654.74 utilizing the Houston Galveston Association Purchasing Cooperative; b) Authorize the Public Works Director to execute all contract documentation, contingent upon review by legal counsel; and c) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-40 to transfer $25,755 From the Contingency line item to the Automobiles line item in both the HURF and Waste Tire funds. Approved as presented
19. Public Works: a) Authorize the Public Works Director to purchase one (1) new 2017 Peterbilt 348 water truck from Rush Truck Center, Tucson, AZ, in the amount of $130,884.80 utilizing the State of Arizona purchasing contract; b) Authorize the Public Works Director to execute all contract documentation, contingent upon review by legal counsel; and c) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-41 to transfer $130,885 from the Contingency line item to the Automobiles line item in the HURF Fund. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Clerk of the Board: Recommend approval of an Extension of Premises/Patio Permit for a Regular Liquor License application submitted by Clarence G. Smythe dba Fraternal Order of Eagles #4538, 11274 S. Fortuna Road, Yuma, Arizona, State License No. 14143009. BOS recommended approval
2. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the following for the County 8th Street Reconstruction Project, between Avenue C to Avenue D (CIP No. 1.1003): a) Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Yuma covering the financing, construction and maintenance; and b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-42, transferring budget authority in the amount of $3,000,000 from the North Frontage Road Project, Avenue 10E to Avenue 11E (CIP 1.1302). Approved as presented
3. Development Services/Engineering: Authorize the Chairman to sign the Reimbursable Agreement and Memorandum of Agreement with the Federal Highway Administration covering the financing, construction and maintenance of the Red Cloud Mine Road Improvement Project: Martinez Lake Road to the intersection with Wildlife Way (Imperial National Wildlife Refuge). Approved as presented
4. Financial Services/All Special Taxing Districts: Establish/Adopt Property Tax Rates and Assessment of Taxes for all applicable Yuma County Direct and Overlapping General Authorities, Special Districts, and Improvement Districts for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §42-17151, as indicated on the attached schedule. Approved as presented
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report on and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. Assessor: Eagle Search web demonstration for individual search of taxes paid by a property owner. No Action
2. Public Fiduciary: Overview of functions and services provided by the Public Fiduciary. No Action
Recess as the Yuma County Board of Supervisors in Regular Session, and convene in Special Session at 1:00 p.m.
SPECIAL SESSION – 1:00 P.M. – 198 S. Main Street:
1. Poll book and central count vs. vote center tabulation presentations by Recorder Robyn Stallworth-Pouquette & Elections Director Laura Sanchez. No Action
2. Demonstration of election tabulation equipment and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ballot marking device by Barry Herron, Director of Sales/Unisyn. No Action
Recess Special Session at 198 S. Main Street Location and reconvene in Special Session at 197 S. Main Street.
SPECIAL SESSION – Immediately following previous Special Session – 197 S. Main Street:
1. Demonstration of election tabulation equipment and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ballot marking device by Dan Clark, Regional Sales Manager/ES&S. No Action
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board