Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 07/17/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
JULY 17, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel.
2. Chairman proclaims the month of August 2017 as "Child Support Awareness Month."
3. Chairman proclaims the week of July 16 - 22, 2017 as "Pretrial, Probation and Parole Supervision Week."
4. County Administration/Elections/Recorder: Follow up to the discussion and feedback regarding the Yuma County Recorder's Office and Elections Division Improvement Plan presented on December 5, 2016.
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated July 17, 2017, pursuant to ARS Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.)
2. Finance: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $6,007,775.08 and Payroll in the amount of $3,030.376.26 during the period of May 25, 2017 through June 22, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.)
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the following minutes: a) June 19, 2017 Regular, Special, & Work Sessions; and b) June 26, 2017 Special Session.
4. County Administrator: Approve a lease with Adair Ranges, Inc. for operation and maintenance of Adair Park with the exception of the Public Safety Range (also known as the PPC Range), to cancel and replace the current lease.
5. Clerk of the Board: Recommend State approval of a Regular Liquor License Application Series No. 6, submitted by Jimmy Charles Lillie, Jr., dba Z-Fun Factory & Waylon's Water World, 4446 East County 10th Street, Yuma, Arizona 85365, State License No. 06140051.
6. Clerk of the Board: Recommend State approval of a Regular Liquor License Application Series No. 10, submitted by Charna Sue Walker, dba Dateland Travel Center, 1737 S. Ave. 64E, Dateland, AZ 85333, State License No. 10143181.
7. County Attorney/Victim Services: a) Authorize the Chairman to sign the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Crime Victim Compensation Program Grant Agreement between the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission (ACJC) and Yuma County, ACJC No. VC-18-063 in the amount of $200,620; and b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-02, increasing budget authority by $11,762.
8. Information Technology Services (ITS): Authorize the purchase of desktop and laptop computers and software in the amount of $309,333.98, including tax and shipping, under state purchasing contracts for the Life Cycle Management Program
9. Public Health Services District: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-03, decreasing budget authority in the Health Grants Fund by $5,029.00 for Prop 201 Smoke Free Arizona Agreement No. ADHS17-171367; and b) Authorize the District Director to sign Contract No. ADHS17-171367 for Prop 201 Smoke Free Arizona program between the Arizona Department of Health Services and Yuma County Public Health Services District, effective July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2022.
10. Elections: Authorize the Chairman to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement between the Yuma County Board of Supervisors,Yuma County Recorder and City of Somerton for the provision of election services, for a period of five (5) years, from 2017 through 2022.
11. Sheriff's Office: Accept the award from the Governor's Office of Highway Safety (GOHS) DUI Abatement Council in the amount of $38,400 and authorize the Sheriff and Yuma County Administrator to sign the agreement. Funds will support Personnel Services (Overtime) and employee related expenses to enhance DUI enforcement throughout the County of Yuma.
12. Public Defender: Action to appoint Valarie Ann McNeice to the position of Attorney III, Position No. 2165.002, at Step 6, Grade 331 (above midpoint).
13. Public Defender: Action to appoint Wendy F. White to the position of Attorney Supervisor/ Sr. Trial Attorney, Position No. 2166.002, at Step 8, Grade 368 (above midpoint).
14. Public Defender: Action to appoint Cynthia Ann Brubaker to the position of Appellate Attorney, Position No. 2168.001, at Step 6.5, Grade 368 (above midpoint).
15. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the following for Avenue 14E: a) Approve the improvement plans for Avenue 14E, 28th Street to Suzanne de Fortuna and authorize the Department of Development Services to advertise for bids; b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution (BAR) No. 18-04 transferring $100,000 budget authority from DDS/Engineering HURF contingency to Construction in Progress; c) Adopt Resolution No. 2017-19 to regulate traffic on Avenue 14E from North Frontage Road to County 10th Street, designating the road as a through highway and establishing a thirty-five (35) mile-per-hour speed limit.
16. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the Yuma County Water Users Association estimated cost proposal in the amount of $182,328.58 for the reconstruction of the Cumming Lateral crossing at Avenue I and County 18th Street (CIP No. 1.9903).
17. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the amendment to extend the cost threshold from $100,000 to $250,000 per fiscal year to Intergovernmental Agreement(s) for road maintenance between Yuma County and a) the City of San Luis, dated October 5th, 2015, and b) the City of Somerton, dated October 19th, 2016.
18. Development Services/Flood Control District: Approve the following for the San Luis Storm Drain Phase II Improvement Project (CIP No. 3.0505): a) An Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of San Luis covering the construction, maintenance and financing; and b) The construction plans and authorize the Department of Development Services to advertise for bids.
19. Development Services/Engineering: Award the construction contract for the Fortuna Road and 28th Street Traffic Signal Project (CIP No. 1.9915) to AJP Electric, Inc. in the amount of $198,930.30 and authorize the County Engineer to sign the construction contract.
20. Development Services/Engineering: Approve the following for the Avenue 3E, County 14th Street to County 16th Street, Asphalt Overlay Project (CIP No. 1.1602): a) Award the contract to Grey Mountain Construction, LLC in the amount of $736,623.20 and authorize the County Engineer to sign the construction contract and; b) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 18-05 transferring $307,000 from DDS/Engineering HURF contingency to Construction in Progress.
21. Development Services/Engineering: Award the construction contract(s) for the Chip Seal Program Fall 2017 Project (CIP 1.1702) to the following firms and authorize the County Engineer to sign the construction contracts:
a) Yuma District Project to Cactus Asphalt, A Division of Cactus Transport, Inc. in the amount of $1,226,647.37 and b) Mohawk and East of Mohawk Pass District Project to Cactus Asphalt, A Division of Cactus Transport, Inc. in the amount of $1,064,312.80.
22. Development Services/Flood Control District: Award the construction contract for the West Yuma Mesa Storm Drainage Discharge System Improvement Project - 12th Avenue Basin and Spillway and 6.5 Street Basin and Spillway (CIP No. 3.0103), to Cemex Construction Materials South, LLC in the amount of $437,375.50 and authorize the County Engineer to sign the construction contract.
23. Arizona@Work: The Yuma County Workforce Development Board operated by the Arizona@Work is requesting that the Yuma County Board of Supervisors appoint Gilberto Gonzalez to fill a vacancy for the Business (Private) Sector on the Yuma County Workforce Development Board, for a term that will expire on June 13, 2018.
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Arizona@Work: The Yuma County Workforce Development Board operated by the Arizona@Work is requesting that the Yuma County Board of Supervisors ratify the selection by the Workforce Development Board of ResCare Workforce Services as the One-Stop operator in the amount of $1,300,000 for the fiscal year of July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
2. Public Works: As the Board of Directors of El Prado Estates Improvement District No. 97-10: a) Adopt Resolution No. 2017-13 for Yuma County Improvement District No. 97-10 (El Prado Estates) declaring its intention to improve its sewage collection system by construction of a new main sewer line; and determining that improvement bonds will not be issued and loan agreement will not be entered into; and, declaring that the costs of said work will be fully funded by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture-Rural Utilities Service; and b) Authorize the Chairman of the Board of Directors to execute the Resolution as presented, subject to legal review.
3. County Administrator: Pursuant to A.R.S. § 11-256, conduct an auction at 9:00 a.m., or as schedule permits thereafter, for the CELLULAR TOWER LEASE FOR ATC SITE NO: 82359 LOCATED AT 8450 W. U.S. HIGHWAY 95, SOMERTON, ARIZONA 85350-7322 (Valley Vista Housing Complex) and authorize the County Administrator to execute the lease agreement with the highest bidder at or above the minimum annual base rent amount of $14,237.00.
4. Information Technology: Adopt Resolution No. 2017-20, adopting the Yuma County Information Security Standards Policy and repealing the Computer Security Policy of March 21, 2005.
5. Human Resources: Approve Personnel Rule (PR 401, 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 411, 413, 417, 418, 419, 420, and 420) Benefits. (This item is continued from June 19, 2017.)
6. County Administrator: Yuma County Board of Supervisors approval of Resolution No. 2017-17, a resolution authorizing the Yuma County Virtual Building Program.
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K).
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board