Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 05/01/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
MAY 1, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. Chairman proclaims the week of May 6 - 12, 2017 as "Yuma County Nurses Week". No Action
3. Yuma Visitors Bureau: Presentation by Linda Morgan, Executive Director, regarding Yuma Visitors Bureau activities. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated May 1, 2017, pursuant to A.R.S. Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors. Approved as presented
2. Financial Services: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $1,644,193.51 and Payroll in the amount of $1,492,901.67 during the period of February 22, 2017 through April 05, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the following minutes: a) April 12, 2017 Special Session; and b) April 17, 2017 Regular Session. Approved as presented
4. County Administrator/OMB: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-100, transferring budget authority of $159,900 from the Health District Fund Contingency to the Capital Improvement Fund Contingency for costs associated with the upgrade to the Mitel telephone system. Approved as presented
5. Public Health Services District: Authorize the District Director to sign Contract No. ADHS17-163356 to the Emergency Preparedness Program for epidemiology and disease control between the Arizona Department of Health Services and Yuma County Public Health Services District, effective July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2022. Approved as presented
6. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-105, decreasing budget authority by $2,453 in the Detention Education Fund and increasing contingency by $189,018. Approved as presented
7. Superior Court/Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-106, decreasing budget authority by $164,058 in the Aztec Fund (including contingency by $128,697). Approved as presented
8. Development Services/Engineering: Authorize the Chairman to sign Amendment No. One to Intergovernmental Agreement No. 14-0005024-I with the State of Arizona/Arizona Department of Transportation covering the construction, maintenance and financing of the North Frontage Road from Fortuna Road to Foothills Boulevard Overlay Project. Approved as presented
9. Development Services/Flood Control District: Approve the construction plans for the North Frontage Road from Fortuna Road to Foothills Boulevard Drainage Improvement Project (CIP No. 3.0503) and authorize the Department of Development Services to advertise for bids. Approved as presented
10. County Administrator/Election Services: Approve appointments of the following Republican Precinct Committeemen as recommended by the Yuma County Republican Party, for terms that will expire on December 31, 2018: Precinct 2 – Anita Therese Maude; Precinct 4 – Jeanine H. Jarvis, Michael J. Jarvis, Gary Alan Kirkham; Precinct 5 – Erin Osterman Ballos, John Andrew Ballos, Brian Lee Cullen, Mary Susan Cullen; Precinct 9 – Carol Lines Lundgreen, Stephen Walter Lundgreen, Scott Patrick McKenna, Tayler Scott McKenna; Precinct 10 – Jeremy Danial Caldwell, Shami Christine Caldwell, Alyssa Rae Lines, Christopher Michael Lines, Candice Lundgreen Hatch, Troy E Eckard, Claire Elizabeth Eckard; Precinct 11 – Cathryne Anne Booth, Dennis Paul Booth, Joshua Clayton Butler; Margaret Vakos Takesuye, Robert Kent Takesuye; Precinct 12 – Russell A McCloud; Precinct 16 – Nicholas William Boysun, Paula Lee Boysun, William H Boysun; Precinct 17 – Tricia Dawn Ellsworth, Michael Alan Harvey, Stephanie Lynn Harvey, William Harold Harvey, Peggy Jean Hoogendoorn, Riley Raymond Hoogendoorn, Deborah Joyce Townsend; Precinct 34 – Leon Neal Wilmot, Ruth Anne Wilmot;
Precinct 35 – Kassandra Lynn Hall, Adam Dominick Hassen, Jessica Lines Hansen, Daniel Page Misenhimer Jr.; Precinct 42 – Janet Francis Jones, Howard Justin Sorensen, Susan Hoopes Sorensen. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.1. Development Services/Engineering: Conduct an auction at 9:00 a.m., or as schedule permits thereafter, of Assessor's Parcel No. 728-03-028, a county-owned excess parcel, and authorize the County Engineer to execute the deed transferring the property to the highest bidder at or above the minimum bid of $64,350. If there is no successful bid, the county engineer will continue to market this parcel, along with the other excess parcels (APN: 728-03-036, APN 728-03-037, APN 728-03-029, and APN 664-01-067), and return this item to the Board when there is sufficient interest to conduct an auction. (This item continued from March 20, 2017, Item No. D1.) No Action
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
EXPEDITED REZONING and PUBLIC HEARINGS: These items will be opened as a group for public hearings and acted upon by one motion to adopt the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission, except for any item that is removed by a Board member for separate consideration. That item will be discussed and acted upon separately following action on expedited items.
1. Development Services. Minor Amendment Case No. 2016-MA-03: Thomas and Glenda Howe request to change the land use designation of a parcel totaling 10.0 gross acres in size from Agriculture/Rural Preservation (A-RP) to Agriculture/Rural Residential (A-RR), Assessor's Parcel No.154-19-003 located in the vicinity of Avenue 76E and County 11½ Street North, Dateland, Arizona. Approved PZ Com Rec'n-APPROVED
2. Development Services. Rezoning Case No. 17-02: Thomas and Glenda Howe request to rezone a parcel 10.0 gross acres in size from Rural Area-40 acre minimum (RA-40) to Rural Area-10 acre minimum (RA-10), Assessor’s Parcel No. 154-19-003 located in the vicinity of Avenue 76E and County 11½ Street North, Dateland, Arizona. Approved PZ Com Rec'n-APPROVED
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S.§38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. County Administrator/Communications: Overview of Communication Division's programs, services, and potential improvements. No Action
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board