Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 03/20/2017 9:00 AM
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
MARCH 20, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date. Approved as presented
PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS & APPOINTMENTS: Note: During this segment of the agenda, board members may discuss the presentations and proclamations, and may announce appointments to the Yuma County Planning and Zoning Commission and the Yuma County Board of Adjustment. No legal actions will be taken.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. Chairman proclaims the week of April 2, 2017 through April 8, 2017 as "Yuma County Crime Victims' Rights Week." No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated March 20, 2017, pursuant to A.R.S. Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Financial Services: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,247,034.06 and Payroll in the amount of $1,492,159.89 during the period of February 09, 2017 through February 23 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the: a) February 21, 2017 Regular and Work Sessions; b) March 6, 2017 Executive Session; and c) March 6, 2017 Regular and Work Sessions. Other (See minutes)
4. Clerk of the Board: Recommend State approval of a Regular Liquor License Application Series No. 9, submitted by Majid Saede Jajo, dba Ace Liquor, 2698 Highway 95, Yuma, Arizona 85365, State License No. 09143000. BOS Recommended Approval
5. County Administrator: Approve the Public Works Director salary at Grade 379, Step 7.5 (above midpoint).
6. County Attorney: Authorize and approve the County Attorney's appointment of Ken Love, Assistant Attorney General, as special deputy to represent the interests of Yuma County in the matter of Constellation Solar, et al., v. ADOR, et al., No TX2016-000190. Approved as presented
7. Free Library District: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-76, increasing budget authority in Expense Code 02312.07.7000.41502 Small Tools by $4,834. Approved as presented
8. Public Health Services District: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-80, increasing budget authority by $18,748 for the Emergency Preparedness Program Grant No. ADHS17-133162; and b) Authorize the District Director to sign Amendment No. 2 to Contract No. ADHS17-133162 for the Emergency Preparedness Program Grant. Approved as presented
9. Juvenile Court: Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-81, increasing budget authority for the Probation-Diversion Fees Fund in the amount of $34,175 (includes a reduction in Contingency of $5,389). Approved as presented
10. Development Services/Engineering: Authorize the Chairman to sign Resolution No. 2017-07, establishing a 4-way controlled stop at 43rd Avenue and 5th Street. Approved as presented
11. Development Services: Authorize the Chairman to sign a deed for Parcel Nos. 728-21-155, 728-21-156, 728-21-187, 728-21-188, 728-29-119, 728-29-120, 729-50-903, 729-51-904, 729-58-905 and 701-62-096 from the March 13, 2017 Tax Deeded Property Auction list and accept the offer in the amount of $100 per parcel as submitted by Yuma County and the Yuma County Flood Control District. Approved as presented
12. Sheriff/Jail District: Authorize the Sheriff to sign Contract Amendment No. 3 with Trinity Services Group, Inc. for Detention Facility Meal Services for an additional one year period through March 31, 2018 at the cost of $1.123 per meal. Approved as presented
13. Public Works/Kerley Ranch Improvement District No. 2016-01: As the Board of Directors of Kerley Ranch Improvement District No. 2016-01, Fund No. 01992, adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-77, establishing budget authority of $800 to pay water irrigation expenses for the remainder of fiscal year 2016-2017. Approved as presented
14. Public Works/Mesa Del Sol Improvement District No. 99-01: As the Board of Directors of Mesa Del Sol Improvement District No. 99-01: a) Authorize the district to accept a $1,700.00 offer submitted by the Department of Development Services for the sale of Right-of-Way to Yuma County for the North Frontage Road Project; and b) Direct the Superintendent of Streets to sign the Letter of Offering. Approved as presented
15. Recorder/Elections: Authorize the Chairman to sign an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between Yuma County, the County Recorder and the City of Yuma to provide voter registration data, early voting, and election day services to the City of Yuma for a period of five (5) years, and shall automatically renew for one (1) successive five year term. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. Development Services/Engineering: Conduct an auction at 10:00 a.m., or as schedule permits, of Assessor's Parcel No. 728-03-028, a county-owned excess parcel, and authorize the County Engineer to execute the deed transferring the property to the highest bidder at or above the minimum bid of $65,700.Continued
2. Public Works/Six-Street Lighting District No. 2016-02: As the Board of Directors of Six-Street Lighting District No. 2016-02, direct staff to negotiate and contract with Arizona Public Service (APS) for street lighting within the Six-Street Lighting District No. 2016-02. Approved as presented
3. County Administrator: Appoint a member of the Yuma County Board of Supervisors to represent Yuma County on the Arizona Border Counties Coalition (ABCC). Other (See Minutes)
4. Human Resources: Effective July 1, 2017, increase the premium rate to 2% for the employer (ER) contribution and 2% for the employee (EE) contribution, decrease the PPO ER dependent contribution from 65.3% to 64% and increase EE dependent contribution from 34% to 36% and decrease the HDHP ER dependent contribution from 78.7% to 78.0% and increase EE dependent contribution from 21.3% to 22.0%. Increase the HDHP employer contribution for the employee to $50.02 and incorporate the following plan design changes: increase the non-preferred brand maximum from $80.00 to $120.00 (mail order from $160.00 to $240.00) and increase the emergency room co-pay from $125.00 to $175.00. Approved as presented
PLANNING & ZONING AGENDA: Full legal descriptions of property sites for all Rezoning Cases are available for public review at the Yuma County Board of Supervisors' Office.
EXPEDITED REZONING and PUBLIC HEARINGS: These items will be opened as a group for public hearings and acted upon by one motion to adopt the recommendation of the Planning & Zoning Commission, except for any item that is removed by a Board member for separate consideration. That item will be discussed and acted upon separately following action on expedited items.
1. Development Services: Special Use Permit Case No. 16-09: Manuel H. & Celia Curiel request a Special Use Permit per Section 611.03 (L) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance for a Mobile Food Vendor unit to remain on the site for more than two hours on a parcel 15,500 square feet in size zoned Local Commercial (C-1), Assessor's Parcel No. 632-58-012 located at 780 South Vaughn Avenue, Yuma, Arizona. Other (See minutes)
2. Development Services. Rezoning Case No. 16-05: Craig and Barbara V. Turner request to rezone a parcel 13,900 square feet in size from Low Density Residential-12,000 square feet minimum (R-1-12) to Manufactured Home Subdivision-12,000 square feet minimum (MHS-12), Assessor’s Parcel No. 632-33-092, located at 3353 West 1st Street, Yuma, Arizona. Approved PZ Com Rec'n-APPROVED
3. Development Services. Special Use Permit Case No. 16-10: Tony and Deborah Stanley request a Special Use Permit per Section 602.03(E) of the Yuma County Zoning Ordinance to allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit on a parcel 2.08 gross acres in size zoned Suburban Site Built-2 acre minimum (SSB-2), Assessor’s Parcel No. 724-20-035, located at 12693 South Wiley Avenue, Yuma, Arizona. A portion of the property is located within the 65 to 70 dB noise zone. Approved PZ Com Rec'n-APPROVED
REZONING -- REGULAR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS: Staff will make a full presentation on each of the following items, followed by separate discussion, public hearing, and action by the Board of Supervisors.
1. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Commission Initiative Case No. 17-01: A proposed text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance, Section 309.00(B), concerning submittal requirements for building permit applications. Approved as presented
2. Development Services/Planning & Zoning: Review and approval of the Calendar Year 2016 Annual Report. Approved as presented
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. County Administrator: Presentation regarding Improvement Districts in Yuma County and the administrative assessment process to reimburse for County services provided to the Districts. No Action
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.03(A)(3).
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board