Yuma County Board of Supervisors Meeting
- Date: 02/21/2017 9:00 AM
- Location: BOS Aud.
198 S. Main Street
Yuma, Arizona 85364
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
Pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes §38-431, et. seq.
and amendments thereto,
A REGULAR SESSION of the
YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Also sitting as all SPECIAL TAXING DISTRICTS
Will be held on
FEBRUARY 21, 2017 -- 9:00 A.M.
198 South Main Street, Yuma, Arizona
Board members will attend either in person or by telephone.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO THE PUBLIC: Call to the Public is held for public benefit to allow individuals to address issue(s) within the Board's jurisdiction. Board members may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to criticism, or scheduling the matter for further discussion and decision at a future date.
1. Presentation of "The County Line" by Yuma 77, the Yuma County Government Channel. No Action
2. Presentation of the "Yuma County Safety Excellence Award" by County Administrator Susan Thorpe. No Action
CONSENT CALENDAR: The following items listed under the Consent Agenda will be considered as a group and acted upon by one motion with no separate discussion, unless a Board Member so requests. In that event, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar for separate discussion and action.
1. Assessor: Approve Tax Roll Corrections as listed in batch dated February 21, 2017, pursuant to A.R.S. Title 42, Chapter 16, Article VI. (A full listing of all corrections is available from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
2. Financial Services: Approve the Accounts Payable Demands disbursed in the amount of $2,195,336.76 and Payroll in the amount of $1,518,393.74 during the period of December 28, 2016 through January 27, 2017. (A detailed listing is available for review in the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
3. Clerk of the Board: Approve the minutes for the February 6, 2017 Regular Session. Approved as presented
4. County Administrator: Action to: a) Declare miscellaneous County Property as surplus to County needs as listed in Exhibit A for Development Services, Health Department, Housing Department, Information Technology Services, Juvenile Court, Legal Defender, Library District, Public Works, Sheriff’s Office and the Superior Court; b) Authorize auction items to be publicly auctioned online between March 17, 2017 and March 31, 2017; and c) Authorize the disposal of any items that are not sold at auction pursuant to the Yuma County Purchasing Policy. (Exhibit A is available for review from the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.) Approved as presented
5. County Administrator: Approve the fourth (4th) amended and restated Bylaws of the Greater Yuma Port Authority (GYPA). Approved as presented
6. County Administrator/Elections: Approve the appointment of Sarah Farno as a Democratic Precinct Committeeman for Precinct 42, term expiring on December 31, 2018 .Approved as presented
7. County Administrator/Emergency Management: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No 17-74, increasing the budget authority in the Emergency Management Grants Fund by $4,000; and b) Accept the award of $12,500 from Arizona Emergency Response Commission to enhance the hazardous materials response capacity within Yuma County for the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Grant No. HM-HMP-0583-16-01-00. Approved as presented
8. Justice Court: Approve the appointment of R. Erin Farrar as the Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore to serve in Justice Court Precinct One for Fiscal Year 2016-17. Approved as presented
9. Public Health Services District: a) Adopt Budget Amendment Resolution No. 17-75, decreasing budget authority by $879 for the Tuberculosis Control Grant No. ADHS13-041283 and; b) Authorize the District Director to sign Amendment No. 5 to Contract No. ADHS13-041283 for the Tuberculosis Control Grant. Approved as presented
DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEMS: The Board will open each of the following items separately for discussion and action, as appropriate.
1. County Administrator/Grants: Presentation followed by action to adopt Resolution No. 2017-05, approving amendments to the existing Grants Management Policy, separating the procedures from the policy. Approved as presented
2. County Administrator & Planning & Zoning Division: Discussion and possible action regarding County Authority versus Agricultural Exemptions. (Reference: Property on Avenue 2-2/3E.) No Action
EVENTS CALENDAR/CURRENT EVENTS:
1. Board members and County Administrator will report and may discuss events attended or to be attended on behalf of the County, may present a brief summary of current events and may update the schedule for future Board of Supervisors meetings, as appropriate. No legal action will be taken, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K). No Action
WORK SESSION DISCUSSION AND ACTION ITEM: The Board will discuss and may take action on the following item(s) as appropriate:
1. Development Services: Overview of functions and services provided by the Department of Development Services. Continued
2. Development Services/Building Safety Division: Discussion regarding the development and implementation of an annual inspection program for building-fire safety systems. Continued
Action to adjourn.
Note: The Board may vote to hold an Executive Session for the purpose of obtaining legal advice from the Board's attorney on any matter listed on the agenda, pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute
I hereby certify that this Meeting Notice and Agenda were posted
within the 24-hour advance notice, in compliance with the Arizona Open Meeting Law.
/s/SUSAN K. THORPE
County Administrator/Clerk of the Board